How to turn off ringback tones?
bobbyfox

I have a phone that evidently doesn't support ringback tones. Recently I downloaded a ringtone to use for when my wife calls, and I selected to use the ringtone and the ringback tone (didn't know the phone didn't support this). Now, whenever anyone calls me, they hear annoying classical music instead of the usual ringing sound. This really irritates my wife and I don't know how to shut it off. I tried going into "get it now" and deleting the ringback tone, but when I go into the Manage menu and select the ringback tone, there's no "delete" option.

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to turn off ringback tones?
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Go to My Verizon,  click on Ringback Tones, click on Manage, and then go to My Settings. You will be able to set whatever standard ringback tone that is available, and also set the tone for anyone in your contacts.

mrs_gresham

I have a problem but I don't need my ringbacks turned off! My husband went and got a new phone through verizon its the Motorola Adventure V750. Now we use to be Alltel I don't know if that has anything to do with this or not. But since he got his new phone, his ringbacks are all gone that he had on his alltel phone and his new verizon phone will only play the classical stuff. We did the text thing to get a list and then we replied with the selection number we wanted but nothing ever happened. I tried going to the ringback site but verizons won't load and if I click on the manage tab in the overview section of my verizon it sends me to alltel. I am totally confused here. PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Likes
kerireggie6886
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much simple worked!!!

0 Likes