Re: I feel tricked by Verizon
mama23dogs
Legend

Frnk424 wrote:

I appreciate you trying to help, however I did not accept a subsidization, and I have asked "nice".  Unfortunately I was told it was possible when I could still return and then told it wasn't when it showed up on my bill again.

My apologies, I only commented on here because I missed that the original poster was already paying $40 per line, so this has all been irrelevant.  I thought maybe that's where their extra charge was coming from.

Carriers have a 14 day buyers remorse period.  After that, the phone is yours.

It isn't irrelevant if you don't understand the plan and purchase options.  The forum is here to help fellow customers get information they need.  Sometimes obscure, sometimes not.  This falls under "not", but it is new, and not everyone understands the change.

In the past, the line fee was fixed, no matter what phone you purchased or how long you kept it, you paid the same amount.

2 years ago the option was changed.  Those who buy a lower cost phone, or keep phones longer, will not be paying for those who buy expensive phones more often.   Everyone gets the same service prices. 

I chose to buy used or lower cost phones and keep my line discounts, so I can afford a bigger data plan.  I am still paying less than I was 2 years ago, with more lines and more data.

0 Likes
JohnR2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems like Verizon is constantly changing its plans around and not telling anyone. Then you either stay with an old usually higher priced plan or switch to the new but losing any benefits you had with the old one.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless and the other carriers frequently review their plan offers to maximize their profits over operating expenses. It is good business sense.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JohnR2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand that. I actually agree with that. What I don't agree with is the rollout of the new plans and the frequency at which they are updated. I also kind of want to know how long before we just get an unlimited data plan back into the fold. I miss that.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bringing back unlimited data? I have given up the ghost for it years ago.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tidbits
Legend

When they can do what other carriers can do. Control network optimization. When other spectrum being sold I will bet when the other carriers buy them and go under the same rules unlimited will disappear.