I want to sell my phone, is that okay?
leatherdaddy

If I decide to purchase a new phone, would another person be able to use my old one (they are a Verizon Wireless customer) without any problems? Someone was telling me I might have a problem with the ESN # or something?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I want to sell my phone, is that okay?
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

Once you activate your new phone, your old phone is clean and can be sold.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your old phone was on a prepaid plan, it has to have been active for at least 6 months before it could be used on a post paid plan.  If the phone was on a post paid plan, and you simply deactivated it to use a new phone, then sure, you can sell or give it to another Verizon customer to activate on their line.  There should be no problems at all.

0 Likes
Straykan

Essentially the only time they wouldn't be able to activate the phone would be in any of 3 cases. One: you lost the phone at one time or had it stolen and returned, and during the time it was gone had suspended the line due to a lost phone, and had activated another phone as a temporary replacement (its complicated but Tech support has to remove it from a list of phones that have been reported lost or stolen). Two: Your account was disconnected due to nonpayment (seeing as how you seem to be thinking of upgrading, should be no problems there :smileyhappy:) Or 3, as Suzy pointed out, if it was a prepaid phone active for less than 6 months. ^_^

0 Likes