Is there a way to ensure my "saved" voicemails from the old system are still available?
knagle416
Enthusiast - Level 1

My voicemails were in the migration group on OCt. 21st. I sent an order to CBW to have the voicemails copied, before the migration happended at midnight on the 21st. However, they still haven't gotten to copy them and said that they have 60 days to do so. My question is when I call the access number noted for my migration group, to be able to hear the old messages, I only hear my new messages. Plus, I want to get a new phone, but not sure if this new phone purchase will mess up the "saved" status of my old voicemails (whereever they may be). Is there a way to ensure my "saved" voicemails from the old system  are still available, and that my treasures haven't been lost forever?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: voicemails migration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

knagle416 I know how precious some voicemails can be. We want to be sure yours are protected. I do have a helpful link that you can use: http://vz.to/2fkbajg This link does indicate that your former voice mailbox and messages will only be available for 30 days after your voice mail is upgraded. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

knagle416 I know how precious some voicemails can be. We want to be sure yours are protected. I do have a helpful link that you can use: http://vz.to/2fkbajg This link does indicate that your former voice mailbox and messages will only be available for 30 days after your voice mail is upgraded. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
knagle416
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response. I clicked on the link you provided, and it

> tells me that it isn't working at the moment, and try back later.  I am

> aware that verizon was only suppose to hold the messages for 30 days. I put

> my order into CBW on Oct. 21 (the day of my migration), in which they told

> me that they have an additional 30 days to copy them on their side. (which

> is good since the 30 day mark has come and gone). I have never been able to

> access my saved voice messages after the migration. When I call the number

> noted in my migration email from verizon, all I hear are my new messages.

> My old ones are not anywhere to be found (from my vantage point anyway).

> How do I confirm that they (1) still held on verizon server (2)are still

> able to be copied by CBW? As I said previously, they are PRICELESS to me;

> which is why I have been a wreck since the whole migration thing began.

>

> Also, it state that if you wish to change phones or plans, to inform

> verizon of this to ensure that it doesn't mess up something regarding the

> previously saved messages. (not sure how that would even happen, since I

> believed the new voicemail system was a new server system all together, and

> whatever was already saved previously was on a separate server...but I may

> be incorrect in my understanding of it)

>

> Thank you!

0 Likes