LG Cosmos Help
LoganChamp23

I have had the LG Cosmos for about a year and a half, and recently it has been acting up on me. Every time it turns on, it simply shows a dark blue screen and vibrates (I assume the vibration is the vibration it makes when it turns on,) but I can't see anything due to the dark blue screen. The screen will not change! I checked the battery and the back of the phone and it's not water damaged, but I don't know what else it could be. Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
Re: LG Cosmos Help
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

LoganChamp23, a phone having a dark screen is a lot to handle, so I totally understand how frustrating this can be. I will do my best to assist you. I reviewed all technical information about your phone and didn't find any reported or known issues regarding screen issues. If you have removed battery and your still having this issue, you can trying clearing the cache to clean out the memory to help the phone function better. I have listed steps below to clear your files. 

1. Launch the Mobile Web browser.
  2. Press the right soft key to choose Menu.
  3. Select Manage Memory (Clear Memory) then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
  4. Select items to be cleared by pressing the center of the 5-way navigation pad at each one.
    NoteA X or check indicates that the item is selected.
    --History: A listing of URLs (website addresses) that have recently been visited.
    --Cache: Visited website content stored on the device. Cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last visit to a website. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.
    --Cookies: Cookies are used to store information that helps personalize the Web browsing experience. Cookies may contain information including: website preferences, login settings, shopping cart contents and more.
    --Auto Fill: A feature that is used to automatically enter information into online forms.
  5. Select Clear (Clear Memory) then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.
  6. Select Yes then press the center of the 5-way navigation pad.

Additionally,  I see you advised you are out of your one-year manufactures warranty.  Each new phone you purchase from us includes a 12 month manufacturer's warranty and it can be replaced free of charge during this warranty period if there is no physical or water damage. To learn more about the Certified Like New Replacement warranty program please visit this LINK.

If your phone is not working.  Past the one year manufacturers warranty or has sustained physical and/or water damage and you have the phone insurance feature, you can file an insurance claim and get a replacement phone at www.phoneclaim.com/verizon-lookup at your convenience.

0 Likes
LoganChamp23

Thanks for the reply! The phone seems to work when I keep it charging but otherwise it won't work at all. When it turns off and goes to a blue screen I have to wait a while with the battery out. Then I put the battery in and charge it at my computer. It's not too big of a deal to have to do this, but do you think there might be a way to fix all of it or do I have to wait for an upgrade?

I would try the steps you posted but I am unsure if they cost money because of the mobile internet which is not part of my plan. 

0 Likes
NESQueen
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you've never used the mobile web browser on your phone, clearing the memory isn't going to help you at all. I had a similar issue with that phone where it would just get stuck in an endless loop of booting up. Would flash the verizon logo that it does on start up, then go dark, then come back again....

Ultimately I would have to physically remove the battery (phone wouldn't turn off with the power button), wait a minute, reinstall battery, then wait about 5mins for it to finally boot back up again and be fine. Only for it to crap out like that again about a week later.

Solution that worked for me - get a new phone. Sadly the new phone I just got 2 days ago isn't working correctly either with the mobile email. I'm starting to doubt the quality of the phones Verizon is issuing out....

0 Likes
LoganChamp23

Sorry to hear that.

Thank you for the reply!

I will be waiting another 3 and a half months to get a new phone, as that's when my upgrade becomes available. I wish you the best of luck in getting your new phone to work, though.

0 Likes