Lied to about promotion and given the runaround for almost a month
AKVitucci
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been promised, misled and lied to for about the last month… this is a rundown of what transpired. 

On 9/26 I saw a promotion for $800 credit for trading in my IPhone XR. I was logged in on the My Verizon app and it confirmed my XR qualified. 

I placed an order for an IPhone 13 which was $799 so the credit for the XR would cover the monthly payment.  The IPhone 13 was backordered so I didn’t get it until 10/7. 

In 10/7 I activated the 13 but didn’t receive any trade in materials so I inquired on how to trade in the XR. Went through the trade in process and was told the XR only qualified for $400 because of my plan. I was instructed by customer service to upgrade my plan so I would qualify for the larger promotion and would have to return the 13 and just reorder another one. This all seemed odd but I followed the customer service agents instructions. They sent me a return label, deactivated my 13 and re- activated my XR. 

I tried to order another 13 as instructed but now was unable to because my account showed my old XR as a new purchase with a $799 balance owed on it.  

Got back on the chat and was instructed to call into customer service as the Chat person could not help. Phone customer service agent told me I would need to wait until the return was processed and $799 balance listed for the XR would then be removed as it was actually the balance for the 13 I had ordered and returned (shipped back 10/8) . The agent assured me I would still get the promotion and just needed to be wait for the return to be processed. 

On 10/14 the tracking for the return showed it was back at Verizon. I inquired on the chat and was again told to call. I called customer service and they said it takes 2 days for them to process the return once they receive it. He told me the $800 promotion was going to be active until the end of October and to not worry that I would be able to get the promotion. On 10/20 my account finally showed the XR could be upgraded again  so I got on the chat to have them help me. I was told the $800 promotion was expired and now was only $500.  I explained to them what I was promised and they basically just said there was nothing they could do because the promotion had now expired.  

I called obviously upset because I was lied to about the promotion and just given the runaround for 3 plus weeks.  On the phone I was again told there was nothing that could be done because the promotion was expired.

How does this happen? Why was I misled by multiple customer service reps and just kicked down the road? I wasted several hours of time and am currently out money for the 13 I had ordered and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

I have been a loyal customer for 15 plus years and can’t believe I was treated like this.  

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lied to about promotion and given the runaround for almost a month
AKVitucci
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everyone keeps saying that but no one is actually doing anything. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AKVitucci, promotions are time sensitive. To clarify, the original device ordered was returned? *Joshua

0 Likes
AKVitucci
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand they are time sensitive. What I I don’t understand is why I was told to not worry about it that I would be able to still get it. The original device was returned at the direction of a customer service representative who also sent me the return label. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly share your concerns about a trade-in promotion. I am here to help. Do you have a Submission ID available? -Lorenzo

0 Likes
AKVitucci
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m not sure where to find that.  I have talked to multiple people and when I was in limbo waiting for the return to be processed I was told over and over “don’t worry, as soon as the return is processed, you will be able to get the promotion” as soon as the return was finished that changed to, “There’s nothing we can do, the promotion has ended.” Just seems like Verizon will do anything to get you to upgrade your plan and the give you nothing in return. “There’s nothing we can do” is completely unacceptable in this situation. I followed the exact instructions I was given and was promised a $800 credit. Now the only thing  I have to show for it is a new plan I don’t  need because now I can’t get the promotion I was promised for upgrading the plan. 

sunsh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too been having issues with Verizon resolving device trade in promotion of $800.  I did my order on-line for 4 devices and 2 phones were eligible for device trade in promotion of $800 each.   My trade in submission got messed up during the online process.  After weeks trying to see how to fix this issue, an agent told me to submit a new submission and to ignore the $40 and $90 values and that my $800 for each phone would be credited (and the agent said he would note this on my account).   As you probably can guess, it didn't work out.   For weeks, I going back and forth trying to resolve this issue and what's frustrating, nothing is really noted in my account about this issue because every time I have to explain what happened.  I did get one device trade in promotion resolved but my second trade in promotion has yet to be resolved.   It is frustrating as I have been trying to get it resolved for over 2 months for the 2nd trade in device promotion.

AKVitucci
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds very similar. They told me the same thing about putting notes on my account but when I would talk to someone new I had to explain the whole thing over again and there weren’t any notes. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for your promotion to run smoothly. What exactly was the reason for returning the iPhone 13?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
AKVitucci
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told I had to because my plan didn’t qualify for the promotion. I then upgraded my plan at the agents direction and was emailed a return label. I was told to return it and then just order another one. I couldn’t order another until the return was processed and by that time the promotion had ended and then all of a sudden no one could help me. Pretty much a bait and switch in my eyes. Got me to upgrade my plan and promised I would be able to get the promotion no problem. Which obviously wasn’t true. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It saddens our team to review the feedback you've provided here and we'd like to help you get this resolved. We've noted your reference about the results of your Device Trade-In submission and the information you've stated was recommended to you. I'd be disappointed too if I had this experience. Let's work to get this resolved.

Although we've noted that you did get one Device Trade-In Promotion resolved, we want to ensure that your concerns are addressed and resolved completely for the second Device Trade-In. -Robert C.

0 Likes