Los Alamos, NM Congestion Issues
Leftarmofgod
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there,

Recently there has been a massive problem with congestion and consistent speeds in Los Alamos, NM on the west side of town. On the east side of town you can pull about 8 Mbps (still really slow compared to other cities - that's in bits, not bytes) but on the west side of town near the national Lab and in the northern areas (residential) the speeds are less than 1 Mbps and calls aren't connecting. This is in contrast to the past year where the speed was better and calls can actually connect.

Can you check for congestion/issues with the network up here or look to upgrading the speeds? I'm seriously considering moving to T-Mobile as I see my friends up here having no issues while I'm stuck with Pandora disconnecting because reception drops constantly. It's such a huge drop compared to Austin, TX where Verizon shined.

I have and LG G5

-Matt

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Los Alamos, NM Congestion Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leftarmofgod -

Having this issue resolved for you, is definitely important to us. I sent you a private message so I can work with you on this issue. Please reach out to me there.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Leftarmofgod
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW, if anyone is interested in the conclusion of this complaint:

Two network investigations in my area. Both said the same 2 things.

1. Network in my town is spotty in some areas. But you can at least get consistent 1 bar of 4G everywhere.

2. The network towers are extremely congested and are not able to offer data reliably due to the massive congestion issues, not because of signal strength or signal degradation. The towers are full, it was already a known issue, but they can't provide an ETA on when it will be fixed. Could be never. They wouldn't even say if it would be done in a year.

I'm satisfied about the customer service people, but apparently they have no actual power in regards to solving network issues. So overall I'm not satisfied with the service I'm paying Verizon for and their ultimate non-solution to our problems we are having.

jasonph
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear you. I am at UNM main campus in Albuquerque and called this past thursday. That was the verdict here also, congestion. They created a trouble ticket for the network department. Probably gonna be in the same boat.

Leftarmofgod
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yupp, unfortunately Verizon is just abaondoning everyone in the city. Multiple people who I know have put this in or gotten a network investigation, but they have said to everyone they are doing nothing about it and that's it.

So good luck. I will be switching after my phone is payed off. T-Mobile has really good speeds, and if you're ok with 3G, even AT&T beats Verizon in speed tests, so you can go with that too haha. It's so bad it's funny, 4G being slower than 3G.

0 Likes