Re: Misrepresentation of trade-in values/Incompetent customer support
Kolea_Kailua
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jenn!  IT WORKED!!! I filed the complaint and less than 24 hours later, the FCC contacted Verizon who, in turn, contacted me and not only credited me the money owed, but "for my troubles" gave me $125 credit toward my bill!

Let's hear it for squeaky wheels.  I can't thank you enough for helping me resolve this issue!

😄

Kolea_Kailua
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jennk1 

I forgot to tag you on my last response, so will repost:

IT WORKED!  I used the link you provided to file a complaint with the FCC, lo and behold they contacted Verizon who immediately contacted me 24 hours later.  No questions asked, they adjusted the trade-in value appropriately, and then gave me $125 dollars as a "sorry and for your troubles" credit toward my current bill.  

I cannot thank you enough for your assistance, I wouldn't have done this without your input.  You made a difference!

I hope everyone who has posted similar issues finds this thread and uses the link to help STOP predatory practices.

thank you Thank You THANK YOU Jenn!!!!  You made my day!

jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@Kolea_Kailua 

Well, you made my day too!   How awesome.   I’m so happy the FCC complaint worked for you.  Too bad it took all that time and aggravation before Verizon finally did the right thing.  

I’ve been on a bit of a mission to spread the word to help others - so it’s exciting that you came back to share your success.   I just pop on these message boards here and there to see if others are having the same issues and share my story and tips to file a complaint.   It’s sort of a “paying it forward” type of mission :).   

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your loyalty means the world to us. Let's take a look regarding your trade in. Please PM us, so we can get started. Looking forward to working with you. 

>Bris

0 Likes
Kolea_Kailua
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jennk1 

Indeed, if they were to pay me by the hours I spent trying to resolve this myself, I'd be rich!  Cannot believe how many issues I've had with Verizon in the past two years compared to previous thirteen+ that were relatively tame.  Seems like the more you pay, the more they find ways to make you NOT want to continue to do so...doesn't make sense.  

Customer satisfaction should be their #1 concern, after all, they are NOTHING without us!

Cheers, and many many thanks again to you 😄

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Goodness! We appreciate you and your loyalty! And we want you to get the world-class service and support you expect and deserve from Verizon! Please, let us know what's on your mind anytime, so we can take care of you! 

*Chance

0 Likes
luvudevinc
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is exactly my experience with trade in! Feel completely jaded by it! No one like to feel taken advantage of and that is exactly what verizon has done! I have numerous screen shots of the terrible service I received trying to trade in my phone for an upgrade to the iphone 14. Promised up to 850 off and have had a battle ever since! I finally found out they gave a whopping 98 dollars with a congratulations! What nerve! I have been with this company since the 90’s but will pay what needs to be to cancel all services with them! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting top dollar for your trade is essential, luvudevinc. We would love to help dig in and find out why that promotion became a $98 credit. We are sending a private note to continue.

-George

0 Likes
luvudevinc
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is exactly my experience with trade in! Feel completely jaded by it! No one like to feel taken advantage of and that is exactly what verizon has done! I have numerous screen shots of the terrible service I received trying to trade in my phone for an upgrade I phone to the iPhone 14. Promised up to 850 off and have had a battle ever since! I finally found out they gave a whopping 98 dollars with a congratulations! What nerve! I have been with this company since the 90’s but will pay what needs to be to cancel all services with them! 

iceberg1013
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your input @jennk1 . I am also a victim of this trade in promo and experienced exactly the same thing with Verizon representatives and customer service. I just submitted two complaints to FCC since I have two phones that are subject for this trade in. I had been a loyal customer of Verizon and this experience has put so much stress on me. They have my old phones and still no trade in happening. Hopefully FCC can also help me as what they did for you.

@Kolea_Kailua, hopefully you have yours resolved as well.