Mysterious Dropped/Delayed Calls
ohmiss

How can a call be 'dropped' if you have actually left a message on voicemail? I have a 'family share' plan which allows me to view all the usage for each line on my account. This is the second time I have tried calling one of the 'shared account' numbers where the call mysteriously disappears. I call the number, it goes to voicemail, I leave a message. The next day, I check my account usage on-line. When I check my account usage, it shows the call, date, time and minutes. But when I check the account usage for the number I called, there is no record of a call from me! 

Customer Service has basically explained this away by telling me 'some calls get dropped.' (Except that it WASN'T dropped: it shows up on MY usage.) 

Also, does anyone know why sometimes you don't get any voicemail for days, and then suddenly you get a barrage of messages 2-4 days old? 

Thanks! 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mysterious Dropped/Delayed Calls
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

The reason the your number doesn't show-up on the called number usage is because the caller number didn't pick-up.  The usage details only show numbers sent or recieved.  Your call was forwarded to voicemail, so it wasn't recieved (picked up by a person).

0 Likes
ohmiss

So, you just never know if the person actually GOT your message? 

0 Likes
JasonAllerdings
Contributor - Level 1

No, all you know is that you left it.  I don't believe *86 calls show up in the usage details (I don't use the standard VM I go with another company for VM).

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

*86 calls, or VM calls are shown on your bill; they count against your minute allowance if you check your VM during peak times.  No minutes are charged when someone LEAVES you a message, only when you actually connect and listen to the messages.  The calls to VM still will show on your usage details for the phone that called the VM #.

I don't think there is a way to know if someone has listened to a message you left on their VM, unless they respond to you.

0 Likes