Neighbors network extender
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you make the new Verizon network extender a closed network? All of our devices are connecting to there's and its been a huge problem!

0 Likes
27 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taylorj, we are concerned to hear you are having trouble with your service and want to ensure you get the help you need. To clarify, you are using your neighbors network extender to assist with calling or you have your own that you are having issues with? What ZIP Code are you encountering issues? 

*Joshua

0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Zip code is 27540

0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are connecting to our neighbors extender that she has tied to satellite internet witch the instructions say should not be done.  She will not try putting it into closed mode so that's not an option.  We are all connecting to it and it slows down our data dramatically.  We have confirmed it already with verizon that we are connected to it. How can we make our phone not connect to it? I've given verizon full reign of my phone and they couldn't disconnect from it. There's no options.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Taylorj wrote:

Turned it down to 20percent

What if you turn it down to the minimum for a test, 10%?  And a reset/reboot?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
¡Hi Taylorj! Thanks for contacting Verizon Social Media team. Please contact us through Facebook or Twitter for a personal assistance.

>Apollo

0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I dont have Facebook or twitter....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, Taylor! We will be creating a Private Note to further address your concerns with your LTE Network Extender, please be on the lookout for that!  

*Michael

0 Likes