Network Time is incorrect
cmbowman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the time change both of our phones have intermittent time errors.  The flip phone does not have the ability to set the time.  It jumps back and forth between current time and one hour behind.

If I put my android in Automatic time zone it will go to Alaska Daylight time.  We are in Reno, NV where it should be Pacific Daylight time.  We were in another part of town and it went to Mountain Standard time.

Is there some way to report issues with the network?  We spent a lot of time today with tech support on the flip phone.  It seems strange two different devices, with two different operating systems would fail with the same symptoms at the same time. It started with the time change.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Network Time is incorrect
cmbowman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got somebody at the phone support to start a trouble ticket and it was fixed yesterday.  That was after completely factory resetting one phone and me having stop the phone support person from trying to have me reset my other phone.  Verizon should look at their procedures when a customer is reporting the same issue inn two different devices running on very different operating systems.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's because it is reading the incorrect time from the tower or the Verizon server. For the flip phone did you dial *228, option 2 to update the PRL? For the Android phone, did you reseat the SIM card or turn off the Automatic time zone setting?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cmbowman
Enthusiast - Level 2

On the flip phone they did everything tech support could do.  Including resetting the phone back to factory day 0.Looking at the forums it appears too be the same issue you had in Tacoma Washington on 2/1/17. Is it possible to have somebody check your network and make sure the towers are right? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What do you mean "my network"? I'm just another customer like yourself. I don't work for Verizon Wireless. This is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cmbowman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizons network.  It is very frustrating when they dont have a way to email support.  They have an issue in their system.  Some phones have ways to work around it.  The Android is to manually set the time zone.  That will.be  pain when traveling.  The other phone has no.way to manually set the time.

0 Likes
cmbowman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I finally got somebody at the phone support to start a trouble ticket and it was fixed yesterday.  That was after completely factory resetting one phone and me having stop the phone support person from trying to have me reset my other phone.  Verizon should look at their procedures when a customer is reporting the same issue inn two different devices running on very different operating systems.

0 Likes
JPS1818

NOT A PHONE ISSUE.  my wife adn i have different phones and we both have the same issue with time being reset to one hour behind.  THIS IS A VERIZON NETWORK ISSUE

0 Likes
JPS1818

THIS IS CLEARLY A VERIZON NETWORK.  MY WIFE AND I HAVE DIFFERENT PHONES AND WE BOTH HAVE THE TIME ISSUE.  BOTH PHONES HAVE BEEN RESET OVER FOUR TIMES AND VERIZON RESETS TIME BACK ONE HOUR WITHIN 30 MINUTES OF THEIR TECH PEOPLE WORKING ON THE ISSUE..  VERZON NEEDS TO FIX THE ISSUE.

0 Likes
dozxab

I powered my phone off completely, waited 15 seconds and turned it back on. Time was correct and has stayed that way.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dozxab, thanks very much for keeping us updated. I'm so glad to hear that everything is okay now, once you powered off and back on. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or http://spr.ly/66041qoJK can click this link to see all the ways to contact us: http://spr.ly/66051qoJz;

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes