Re: New Network Extender - Phone Not connecting to it. Now at 1x service or 3g only....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is concerning to hear, we need to take a look into this. Please send a Private Note. 

0 Likes
Re: New Network Extender - Phone Not connecting to it. Now at 1x service or 3g only....
Xight
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't send any more private messages is the error I'm getting.  Can someone escalate this before I can't return this 250 dollar brick I bought from Verizon?  Or a replacement?  Customer service here is bad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xight, we want to ensure you get your concerns addressed. I have sent you a Private Message. Please let us know if you receive it or not. Keep in mind, you are reaching out on the Community Forums. We do have other support teams that can assist you (Phone support, online chat, social media, etc): https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
Xight
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally able to connect to the network extender.  However now have a different issue.  I can make outgoing calls.  But incoming calls are intermittent.  I notice these as I don't have any missed calls, but get voicemails.  Same with my wife's phone, and my Mother's phone which are linked to the network extender.  I've even called my wife's phone in the same room, and I get her voicemail, and her phone doesn't ring.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xight,

That's certainly not what we want to hear. It is important that your calls consistently come in too. Just to confirm, when this happens are the phones on Wi-Fi? If you dial #48 from your phone, what message do you receive? 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
Xight
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are connected to the Verizon Extended Network.  

I can make outgoing calls, but I'm definitely not getting incoming calls.  My wife has to call me 3 times for my phone to finally ring in the room when she's out.  My clients also go straight to voicemail.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xight, we'd like to know more and make sure we're doing everything we can to help. Please, Private Message us anytime for live agent support. - NicholasS_VZW

0 Likes
CATZEL81

2 years later and the problem persists. “Customer service” is useless. Glad I didn’t pay $250 for this thing, I refused to pay for a device needed due to VZW taking out all of the towers near us. I’m changing to ATT. 

0 Likes
jck363

I’ve been fighting with this for several days and was not able to find anything to solve the problem. Turns out a factory reset worked!  Use a paperclip and hold down the button on the back of the unit for about 10 seconds until the display says it is doing a factory reset. After it restarted and found the satellites and was back in service, all of our phones connected easily (one had to go into airplane mode and back out). These were iPhone 12 ProMax phones by the way. 

0 Likes
Cdichito
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there! I am having all of the same issues as you are. Did you ever get a solution?

0 Likes