No signal where I live despite the Coverage Map stating We've got you covered
MHClabaugh
Enthusiast - Level 2

[Removed] Vernon Florida is in DEEP RED in the coverage area, however, here I sit with NO SIGNAL on my phone missing calls. I do not know who to call to check into this. The signal here has always been weak, however, now the phone simply does not work. In fact, right now zero signal. How can you get Verizon to review coverage in an area and improve signal strength.

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No signal where I live despite the Coverage Map stating We've got you covered
rcschnoor
Legend

While the coverage map may indicate you are covered, it ALSO states the following:

"COVERAGE DISCLAIMER

These Coverage Locator depictions apply to the following calling plans:
National Calling Plans, Mobile Broadband and Prepaid.

International rates for voice and data will apply.

These maps are not a guarantee of coverage and contain areas of no service, and are a general prediction of where rates apply based on our internal data. Wireless service is subject to network and transmission limitations, including cell site unavailability, particularly near boundaries and in remote areas. Customer equipment, weather, topography and other environmental considerations associated with radio technology also affect service and service may vary significantly within buildings. Some information on service outside the Verizon Wireless proprietary network, and we can not vouch for its accuracy."

​You may fare better by looking into which providers offer better service in areas you frequent.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: No signal where I live despite the Coverage Map stating We've got you covered
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a great signal at all times. What is the make and model of your phone. How long has this been happening?

MahrizaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MHClabaugh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Note 4 and service has been getting worse. When I was there last December it was pretty bad and now it appears to be worsened lately. In fact, signal in places where the phone used to work well is now very poor. The fact is on Lucas Lake Road where my house is the signal is very poor and there are lots of homes down that way.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

While the coverage map may indicate you are covered, it ALSO states the following:

"COVERAGE DISCLAIMER

These Coverage Locator depictions apply to the following calling plans:
National Calling Plans, Mobile Broadband and Prepaid.

International rates for voice and data will apply.

These maps are not a guarantee of coverage and contain areas of no service, and are a general prediction of where rates apply based on our internal data. Wireless service is subject to network and transmission limitations, including cell site unavailability, particularly near boundaries and in remote areas. Customer equipment, weather, topography and other environmental considerations associated with radio technology also affect service and service may vary significantly within buildings. Some information on service outside the Verizon Wireless proprietary network, and we can not vouch for its accuracy."

​You may fare better by looking into which providers offer better service in areas you frequent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. We want you to be able to use your device at all times. Are you experiencing the same issues anywhere else? Is this occurring indoors or outdoors? Does restarting your device helps with signal at all?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MHClabaugh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where we are on Lucas Lake off Lucas Lake Road ( I cannot give my address due to your rules so really nothing will be done) However, you could at one time get some signal if you moved around. On the lake you would get better signal. Recently I had a friend visit that lives in the area and he commented that something must have happened to the towers because the signal is all but dead in the area.

To Answer your question:
The issue happens in the house with greater frequency.
On the porch where it was better, now worse.
On the lake where it was better, there are large portions where there is NO NETWORK.
Rebooting the phone does not work, done this several times as well as the tower update.

I sincerely want to know  how to reach a network person or someone responsible for networks. It is not like I have a new phone and this does not work, it used to work, not the best, but work and not not at all. I think that it is unfair that my coverage is clearly red when there are LARGE AREAS that have NO SIGNAL AT ALL. I am emphasizing the fact that there is No signal now Vs weak signal.

rcschnoor
Legend

MHClabaugh wrote:

my coverage is clearly red when there are LARGE AREAS that have NO SIGNAL AT ALL.

Yes, as indicated in the coverage map disclaimer...

0 Likes
MHClabaugh
Enthusiast - Level 2

SERIOUSLY... did I not tell you that this has worked for 10 YEARS!!! While the signal was weak at least we could move to areas in the yard or what ever to use the phone. NOW, LARGE SWATHS HAS NO SIGNAL. There has been a SERIOUS SIGNAL DEGRADATION over the last few months.

SO what you are telling me is that if there is a DEGRADATION in service whereby the Towers are failing you do not CARE. It is just coverage disclaimer.... that is the excuse. Something that has worked, no longer works is not a concern to Verizon? I would think that maybe we need to get someone out there to investigate why? Do you know how many people are affected? Do you care?

rcschnoor
Legend

MHClabaugh wrote:

SERIOUSLY... did I not tell you that this has worked for 10 YEARS!!! While the signal was weak at least we could move to areas in the yard or what ever to use the phone. NOW, LARGE SWATHS HAS NO SIGNAL. There has been a SERIOUS SIGNAL DEGRADATION over the last few months.

No, you mentioned nothing about 10 yrs. Regardless, there are things which CAN affect your service which have nothing to do with Verizon and which Verizon has no control over. Additionally, things which can affect your service CAN change over time and just because something worked does not mean it will ALWAYS work. Things which Verizon has no control over would include but are not limited to buildings, foliage, electrical interference, etc...

Buildings: new buildings can go up, old buildings which had towers affixed to them can come down...

Foliage: trees get taller as they get older, blocking more signal and new trees can be planted

MHClabaugh wrote:

SO what you are telling me is that if there is a DEGRADATION in service whereby the Towers are failing you do not CARE. It is just coverage disclaimer.... that is the excuse. Something that has worked, no longer works is not a concern to Verizon? I would think that maybe we need to get someone out there to investigate why? Do you know how many people are affected? Do you care?

It is not that I don't care, I am just another customer like you. As to remedying a situation such as yours, it can take YEARS for Verizon to gain approval from appropriate governing bodies to erect additional towers in an area. Eco-groups can never seem to find ANY reason why a new tower should EVER be erected and will petition local governing bodies who grant these approvals continuously to thwart their construction. Most lawmakers do not have the backbone necessary to stand up to these type of groups.

0 Likes
jsarge

total garbage for signal, when earlier today with the phone (Galaxy S10 plus) on the kitchen counter, I had a signal -about two bars- but speed was not a problem. now even pandora buffers, I have a spinning wheel for everything

0 Likes