Nuance has become a nuisance
rocketman

Is there a way to shut off the program called Nuisance? Even when I have turned the phone to "All sound off" (which I do when I am teaching), all I have to do is to bend over and the phone, which I put in the leather case attached to my belt (the one what is a Verizon case that was suppose to work with this phone), I get this voice that says: "Please say a command". This happens on the average of 5 times a day. I have the Samsung "Infinity" (I believe that that is it's name), but my son has a Verizon Blackberry that he also cannot shut it off. But the case he has seems to protect him from hitting that button. It has become very frustrating. It doesn't make a difference how the phone is put into the carrying case. It still is too easy to activate that message. And what makes it worse, IT WILL NOT STOP. If you try to ignore it, It will generate another message like: "I didn't understand that option, please try again (or words to that effect). There are times when I would just like to loose it; but even with the insurance, all you get back is the same phone.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nuance has become a nuisance
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this....

Go to Tools&Settings>>Tools>>Voice Commands>>then right soft key Settings>>scroll down to Choice List>>choose OFF.  Then go back one step, choose Prompts>>Mode>>Tones Only.

Now when I hit that button, it emits a low beep, but no voice asking "Please say a command."

HTH,

0 Likes