Payment Due Notifications
ZachO17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to get an email notification that my payment was available to view, then I got a "payment due date approaching" email. I recently stopped getting these and have been a month late paying my last couple bills, because I don't get any notification until I'm a month overdue. I don't see any place to to opt in or turn on these notifications.

Why did they stop? How do I start them again?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Payment Due Notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zach017, we never want to have you falling behind. To check the status of your alerts, visit My Verizon, hover over the My Profile to select the My Profile & Settings. Here, if you scroll down you will see Account Alerts. Please click the blue link to the right for View and Edit your alert settings to ensure that these alerts are selected. Please let us know if you have any questions when completing these steps.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The bill is due on the same date every month. How hard is it to forget?

You should get your account current before you are flagged as cash only.

Sign into your MyVerizon account online and verify your communication preferences.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

ZachO17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clearly pretty hard, since I've missed it twice in a row now. Smiley Happy  Up until a few months ago, I never had to remember. I always received a notification.

In fact I have no other payments which don't notify me of an upcoming due date. Just Verizon.

If remembering is the only way, then I will. But up until early this year, I always received a notification and therefore didn't need to remember. The issue is that they suddenly stopped, so the method I relied on (which worked flawlessly for years) went away without notice, and I only realized I was overdue when I had skipped a whole months payment.

Anyone with any insight into where the alerts went, and if I can turn them back on? If they are just plain "gone", then I'll come up with my own reminder. But like I said, the way it worked before, well...worked.

GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

how about setting a recurring reminder in your phone's calendar?

ZachO17
Enthusiast - Level 2

[Removed]

I do appreciate the one piece of actual advice (calendar), so thanks for that. I am aware that there are endless ways for a person to remember something, and I will definitely employ one of them. All I wanted to know, from a person who actually knew something, was what happened to my notifications. They were there, then they were gone. There was a thing that was working for me. Before changing to something else, I just wanted to know if I could get that first thing working again.

I'll just stick to calling Verizon when I have issues.

off topic content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zach017, we never want to have you falling behind. To check the status of your alerts, visit My Verizon, hover over the My Profile to select the My Profile & Settings. Here, if you scroll down you will see Account Alerts. Please click the blue link to the right for View and Edit your alert settings to ensure that these alerts are selected. Please let us know if you have any questions when completing these steps.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

ZachO17​, we definitely do not want to see you fall behind on your payments. Have you been able to check your Account Alerts to ensure the correct email is still in place?

Keep us posted.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
leezechka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please click the blue link to the right for View and Edit your alert settings to ensure that these alerts are selected. Please let us know if you have any questions when completing these steps." 

These steps do not exist on he Verizon website at all.

There are no alert settings for payments due. 

The only message you send is verification of payment made, which is the most useless notification as I already know I just made a payment because I just did it.

ldbannister12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Think how much extra money they get from people forgetting their payments and having to pay a late fee.