Phones that sync with Outlook?
garyfritz
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's time to replace my beat-up Chocolate and I need to figure out what phone to get...

I'd love a full-bore smartphone, but I'm not gonna pay $50/mo for the internet service.  (If it's possible without the $50/mo fee, I'm all ears!  We currently have 4 phones on an America's Choice II FamilyShare plan, $50 + $10/line. I think a PDA/smartphone plan would add at least $50 on top of that, for my one smartphone.) 

So I'm mostly just looking for a non-internet-capable phone. 

BUT I use Outlook Calendar extensively, even though I DO NOT connect to an Outlook/Exchange server.  I want a phone that acts as a PDA -- one that I can plug into my laptop and sync with my Outlook calendar, upload/download calendar events from Outlook, enter calendar events into it manually, etc.

What's a good match for that?

Or is there an economical way to add a smartphone to our plan?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phones that sync with Outlook?
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3

Data for a PDA is $29.99 per month, not $50.

As far as not getting a data plan, you can look for an older PDA (released prior to November 2008) because they don't require the data package. You can buy an XV6900 using your upgrade, it's like $9.99 lol and it's a pretty decent phone. I bought one about a week ago and I liked it but I'm too attached to my Blackberry lol

0 Likes
Re: Phones that sync with Outlook?
garyfritz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm confused, how is data for a PDA cheaper than normal?  What does data-for-PDA get you?  Why is it required if you're not using the Internet connection features?  Or do PDAs support Internet access cheaper than "smarter" phones?  How come older PDAs don't require the data package?

I'd be perfectly happy with something that syncs over USB.  Net access would be cool but not for $50/mo, and probably not for $30/mo either.

The XV6900 gets a WHOLE lot of incredibly negative reviews.  I think I'll pass on that one.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Gary

0 Likes