Poor 4gG service
jcthekm

I live in south texas (77979)in an area that recently switched to 4g.  Not Good!  I have a total of 6 verizon wireless devices in my house, 3 iphone3s, 2 android phones and 1 mobile 4g lte.  Before the cutover all worked fine....  Now only the iphones have data service, none of the 4g devices work even when signal strength is excellent.  No laptops ipads will work on my mobile hotspot since the cutover. I have been trying to contact verizon support with not much success.  Any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor 4gG service
ZipTurtle
Contributor - Level 1

Contact Verizon Service... nothing here will help you with those types of issues.

0 Likes
Not applicable

What's a "mobile 4g lte"? Also Iphone 3s are not 4G. They can only receive a 3G signal. You don't mention which Androids you have. They could be 3G or 4G depending on what they are.

0 Likes
ZipTurtle
Contributor - Level 1

"mobile 4g lte"  better known as a Hotspot, or Jetpack.  Surprised a frequent poster like you would not know that.

As for the issues... his/her best solution is to contact Verizon since the issue is more than 4G.  We had similar issues in Phoenix when 4G was turned on there.

0 Likes
HawaiiBKC
Contributor - Level 1

"mobile 4g lte" could refer to a 4G Smartphone. As it is "mobile", and "4g lte" so let's not go there.

The poster also stated phones that aren't even for Verizon. As the iPhone 3 / 3GS isn't on Verizons network.

The "android phones" are too general to provide any information there as well.

0 Likes
ZipTurtle
Contributor - Level 1

I live in south texas (77979)in an area that recently switched to 4g.  Not Good!  I have a total of 6 verizon wireless devices in my house, 3 iphone3s, 2 android phones and 1 mobile 4g lte.  Before the cutover all worked fine....  Now only the iphones have data service, none of the 4g devices work even when signal strength is excellent.  No laptops ipads will work on my mobile hotspot since the cutover. I have been trying to contact verizon support with not much success.  Any advice?

Seems to spell it out pretty good. 

Again.. the forum is not the proper place for them to get help on this.  Verizon technical support is.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ZipTurtle wrote:

Seems to spell it out pretty good.  And yes... there is a Verizon iPhone3G phone.

Actually no. There is no iPhone 3S or iPhone 3G on the Verizon Wireless network. The iPhone version compatible with Verizon Wireless are the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S both are 3G CDMA smartphones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ZipTurtle
Contributor - Level 1

Hint... he is using the Verizon Hotspot to get data on his iPhones via Wifi.

0 Likes
Not applicable

ZipTurtle wrote:

Hint... he is using the Verizon Hotspot to get data on his iPhones via Wifi.

Actually he said

I have a total of 6 verizon wireless devices in my house, 3 iphone3s, 2 android phones and 1 mobile 4g lte.

The Iphones are NOT Verizon devices.

Before the cutover all worked fine.... Now only the iphones have data service,

Implies the Iphones are using Verizon data network not wi-fi.

none of the 4g devices work even when signal strength is excellent.  No laptops ipads will work on my mobile hotspot since the cutover.

Once again doesn't mention specific 4G devices. Says he has 2 Android. Ok which ones.

0 Likes
jcthekm

My mistake, the iphones are verizon supported phones, i have 3 of these I assume they are 4's?

The android phones are a bionic and htc thunderbolt and I am not sure what the mobile hot spot has Verizon 4G LTE on it.

As to Verizon support....  Sent emails and have called several times only to sit and wait 10-15 minutes before I hang up.

The local store is a complete waste of time.

0 Likes