Poor Coverage and Getting Worse
jfpoje
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon customer for nearly 20 years.  For most of that time, I have stuck with Verizon because the coverage was hands down the best.

Over the last 2 years, Verizon's coverage has gotten worse and worse.  I live in the populous suburbs of Chicago, not in the stix.  I work in a major government office, also in the suburbs.  Yet, if I walk from one side of my house to another, I lose any call I'm on.  My phone doesn't even ring sitting on my desk in my office.

And that's just voice coverage.  At work, 6 out of 10 times I can't get anything better than a 1x data signal, let alone LTE.  I may as well just use my phone as a paperweight during the day, and at home I have to go through my home's wi-fi to be able to do anything on it.

Verizon needs to resolve it's coverage issues quickly.  It is about that time that I take my business somewhere else.

237 Replies
braelow

I'm receiving terrible service within the last month in zip code 33025.  My text (SMS) messages, especially when someone is sending me pictures are not coming through.  My voice calls are breaking up especially when unable to get Wi-Fi and 5G is on, it terrible.  I even upgraded my plan for a month and it made NO DIFFERENCE.  Really considering leaving Verizon after being a customer for several years.  I'm exhausted chatting on line with customer service to no end and NO IMPROVEMENT.  I have a S21 so don't blame the phone.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about any trouble with your service at home. We'll be happy to perform some troubleshooting with you. We'll send you a private note you can reply to when ready to start.

- Henry

0 Likes
Jterry04
Enthusiast - Level 1

Story of my life. I too have been with Verizon for about 2 decades. Service used to be top notch, but now it's not worth the hefty bill I pay every month. I have a newer phone capable of 5G. If ever I see 5G I never experience this "blazing fast internet" that they claim. Also, consistent service from day to day is suspect. I can't tell you how many times I've had no internet service at all, and we're talking about densely populated areas.

I've been loyal for a very long time. I certainly hope you guys get your act together or I will be jumping ship the first chance I get. I pay too much to be getting less than second class service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jterry04, making sure you have the services you need is important. Let's investigate the details. When did this start? What services are impacted (calls, text, data)? May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location? Also, what is the Make/Model of your device? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
Jterry04
Enthusiast - Level 1

Google Pixel 6 Pro, data issue near intersection of Boardwalk Pl and Waterfront Pl, Gaithersburg, MD 20878. I experienced this issue last Saturday, but this is just one of a few places I've had this problem. Contacted Verizon about a data issue in December 2021, when in an area of MD where the map said I should've received at least 4G. I couldn't even roam. I saw all kinds of weird letters and symbols in my data bar that I've never seen before, and still only got periodic spotty, weak coverage. But my friends on different networks had no problem, in all situations.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, let's take a deeper look at what is going on. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to better assist.

*Gert

0 Likes
angharshman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. Me and my family have been with Verizon for awhile and it just keeps getting worse and worse. Every time I call to talk to someone’s it’s another excuse about “oh the walls in the house” that doesn’t even make sense because our other family members with T mobile and are surfing the web making calls no issue no wifi. Just good service. We lost power because of the really bad storms and tor ado warnings last night and thank god we didn't have an emergency cause I couldn’t make calls or texts but my sister who was over with t mobile could. That’s an issue. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello angharshman, 

We know how important it is to stay connected, especially in an emergency! We want to make sure that you can enjoy good service that is reliable. When did you begin having trouble? What is your city, state, and closest intersection, so we can check coverage and alerts for your area? 

-Michelle

0 Likes
medtesla
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hate Verizon since they merged with MCI, kept all the whites, and retired all the black executives just sharing facts folks! 

0 Likes
JohnSmith1911

We here in Childress, TX are suffering from horse pop phone connection and less than 44k/b internet service.  It gets worse by the day, and when we report it, thier fix is to exclude the address from the covered area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JohnSmith1911, thanks for reaching wireless support. Regarding your area, I'm not showing any alerts. Are you only impacted while indoors? How long has this been going on? 

-Joey

0 Likes
WheresTheCoverage
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been frustrated the last 2 years. Ever since upgrading from my iPhone 6S to the 2020 SE I’ve dropped calls in my house and on my commute. I don’t have reception in most stores and any picture messages to Androids say not delivered. 

I assumed after a while that I got a defective phone and have been suffering. I finally bought the SE 2022 even though it’s practically the same phone. Still no reception in my house. Barely any. 0.06mbps upload. 1mbps download. Even says I have 5G at times but it’s worthless.

My friends with ANY other provider has no issues ever at all with their coverage. I will surely be switching. My phone is too big a part of my life to suffer using it at home and work and the commute between with terrible reception.  15131 and 15085. Coverage maps say great coverage here. Hogwash!

Bringing some friends over for speed tests on their devices to help decide who to go to. I just know who I’m not going to stick with. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, WheresTheCoverage.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Have you already gone through troubleshooting with us and had a ticket filed to investigate the speeds you're getting?

Please feel free to send us a Private Note if you still need assistance.

*Celeste

0 Likes
WheresTheCoverage
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not. I guess you could assist by explaining why the coverage map fibs about coverage. Weak coverage in my yard at just about the highest elevation around. Kills my phone battery, probably why I need to replace them. Verizon used to be the best 15 years ago.  I don’t know what’s happened.

Your competitor used to have an app to report weak signal locations. That would be handy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to take a closer look at this particular service issue. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

~Vic

0 Likes
Goldenmom2015
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Windermere FL zip code 34786 - and the coverage over the past years is getting worse and worse! Poor coverage! There are certain intersections and plazas where phones do not work and it is 2022 not like this was 25 years ago it makes no sense! There are no issues with my phone… I’ve recently had 3 different phones since experiencing this. We have been with Verizon for 12 years and had better service in the woods in Maine then a major city. Make that make sense. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Goldenmom2015. Providing reliable service to our customer is our top priority. We want to make sure you receive the support you need . We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
Warjikin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm feeling this too. I moved last summer to a more rural, but still only 10 minute drive from the city, area. At my house it is almost pointless to try and do anything with mobile data. It's wi-fi or bust. But even closer into town like at my job I can feel the speeds grinding to a halt. It is extremely frustrating and I wonder what exactly am I paying for every month? I feel solidarity to know it's happening in Chicago and San Francisco too just from my brief look at the comments, but why is this issue so widespread? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can take a look into service issues with you, please send us a Private Note. *Gen

0 Likes
keharris50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Leicester, NC and have had poor coverage for 3 years.  Every time I called, the first thing they want to do is check your phone.  You'd think that by now they figured out that coverage really is garbage here in Leicester as you move further away from Asheville city limits.  As I speak I cannot access voicemail.  I have to wait until I am heading towards Asheville to access it.  Phone calls that can't come through because of poor coverage goes straight to voicemail, so I can't get the message anyway.
I stopped complaining because Verizon thinks their service is great.  I've read the next door app comments from locals here who've gotten the same song and dance here about how service will be improved.  Three years of that tap dance routine.  Good luck.

0 Likes