I will try to make this post as short as possible, but I am unable to get any satisfaction from anyone at Verizon. I am a new Verizon customer who left Sprint after 10+ years and 8 phone lines of service was to be transferred. Issues from day 1:
- 2 phone lines were activated to the wrong phones. This has caused an issues for 2 months, causing my $200 rebate to keep being rejected. Phone number for Iphone XR was put to Iphone 7, therefore not allowing me to get the rebate, because the 7 did not qualify.
- 1 phone line was the wrong phone number. 2 of the numbers were transposed, causing me to be invoiced for an extra phone line for 2 months.
- Activation fees should have been $20, but charged $40.
- My 78 year old father was bringing his Iphone 7 with him - Should have received a $150 credit. He went into the store 4 times and each time was told they could not port the service over to the phone. So I had to get him another free phone, which was already what he had, An Iphone 7. This ate up part of my $4000 equipment line of credit.
- One month later someone finally helped him and the phone was finally brought over to Verizon, so I returned the Iphone 7 for what I thought would be an equipment credit. No... UPS lost the phone and so I was billed $500 for that phone.
- The first month only 1 phone was activated before the end of the month. So I was billed $90 for the first month of that phone. I refused to pay $90 for that month for only 1 phone, seeing how I transferred 7 lines at what should have been $30 a month for each phone.
- Because I was advised not to pay anything by Verizon customer service, who said they noted my account, my service was turned off and I was billed reactivation fees.
- Finally I paid over $400 in November and my service only began in October. The December invoice was finally on auto draw and paid on time.
Now to my credit line issue. Because my payment was late and I did not want to pay over $700, and $500 being a returned phone that was lost by UPS, my credit line decreased by $3,000.00 - and now i have a negative credit limit.
I still have not received the rebate for the Iphone XR. The $500 was credited back to my account, but not to pay off that phone. I am being billed monthly and then credited for that amount. The $500 went to pay off another device (My I-Watch).
I could keep going and going and going. I have 1 phone line that I can't get put on Verizon because I have no line of credit now.
I repeatedly call about twice a week to clear up all the extra charges and talk about the rebates. I cannot get anyone to have any empathy over this ordeal. I will never give anyone advice to switch to Verizon. I wish I had never done it and if I was offered enough money to pay off the phones I am now having to pay for 2 years, I would leave Verizon, even if it cost more per month.
Wow! Another e-mail denying my rebate just now. AFter the phone numbers were finally set to the correct phones, it was submitted again by a Verizon Representative, promising me a rebate. No! Denied because it has been past the 60 days now to submit the rebate which was originally submitted October 14th. 2 weeks after I purchased the Iphone XR's.
The phones were purchased September 29th and rebates submitted October 14th. Denied November 26th. Denied again on December 16th due to the following:
And I quote from the e-mail:
Receive a $200 Prepaid Mastercard® when you port-in your number from any wireless carrier and activate a new smartphone (minimum retail price of $550) on device payment to a postpaid Verizon consumer account and activate on an eligible Verizon unlimited postpaid plan between 9.13.19 and 10.2.19. Customer must submit for redemption within 60 days of activation, and device must remain activated for 45 consecutive days. May not be combined with other promotional offers. We reserve the right to charge back the amount of the Prepaid Mastercard if service is canceled within 6 months. Your $200 Prepaid Mastercard will be mailed via the U.S. Postal Service within 8 weeks after receipt of claim to the billing address on file with Verizon Wireless. This card is issued by SUNRISE BANKS N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted.
As a new Verizon customer, we thank you for choosing us as your family's wireless service provider and we welcome you all to the Verizon family! As valued customers, your account concerns are our concerns too. Hearing that you've not received your device rebates is not the experience we want for you and we apologize for your inconvenience. I'd be disappointed too if this happened to me. Due to the urgency of this matter, we've sent a private message to you that includes our team's request to verify your account information so we can gain access to it so we can proceed with our investigation as we're not able to do this in this public forum. Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously ad we're sure you understand. We thank you for providing the details about this matter and we certainly want to do everything we can to get the issue you're experiencing with receiving your device rebates, resolved. We'll look forward to hearing from you soon. - RobertC_VZW
I am experiencing the same issue. New customer just transferred on Thxgiving. 6 voices lines transferred into 2 different accounts. 2 lines on one account and 4 lines on another. I can only see 2 now and paying $70+/line which should be $30/line. It's been over 15 BUSINESS days and still no resolution. It's amazing how slow the teams are to fix one problem. So regret for this transfer. should have stayed with T-mobile.
We never want any of our customers to have a negative experience with us. We are happy to look into this to ensure that your account is set up the way you want. Can you please send us a Private Message on Facebook or follow and DM on Twitter. LisaL_VZW
I'm also having this issue. 2 new Lines, and I've spent at least 12 hours on chat and on the phone. I've been told numerous times, verizon made an error, and it will be fixed in 7-10 business days and then it doesn't get fixed. Most recently two separate people told me, yes, I see all the notes on the account and you will get your rebate in 7-10 days. Now I get another notice saying there's a problem. Is verizon scamming me?