Porting number from Verizon Family Plan to Sprint Family Plan
rjmusic

Hi Everyone!

So here is my situation.  Right now, I am part of my parent's Family Plan with Verizon.  There are 5 phones on this Verizon plan.  When the contract is up on my line, I would like to transfer my phone number from my parent's plan to my sister's family plan with Sprint.  All of the other 4 phones will be staying on the Verizon Family Plan.  The reason that I want to do this is because I can get an Iphone with unlimited data on her plan for about $20 cheaper than I would pay with Verizon.  So I guess my question is, will I be able to port my number over?  I would like to keep the same number as I have had it for 10 years.  I also want to make sure that the other 4 phones on the current plan will not be interrupted or anything.  Thank you for your help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Porting number from Verizon Family Plan to Sprint Family Plan
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, you can port a number from Verizon to Sprint.

0 Likes
android_wiz
Contributor - Level 1

yes just contact sprint with acct. number and passcode and porting would start goodluck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rjmusic, we don't want you to go! Why would you want to down grade your service when you have this: http://bit.ly/yX7f9v ? Please let me know what I can do to change your mind.^SP

0 Likes
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

Unlimited data that VZW is not wanting to do anymore? Its not always "about the network" if I am getting the coverage I need, with the plan that I need with "enough coverage" from another carrier.

0 Likes
lynerb226
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. Call SPRINT.
They can CHECK the portability of your number, then submit a request for it.
All they will request from you is the VZW billing account number and billing account password.
The total process (if you provided all of the correct information) will take maybe 10-15 minutes.
At that time, your number in VZW sets itself up for disconnection, to disconnect at the end of your next bill cycle.
Something to look out for is an early termination fee.
Paying that better be worth saving 20$ a month!
But that's a lot of money these days. A full meal, or half of a gas tank. A shirt.

My fiance has Sprint, and she has that same plan, unlimited data, etc.
But she never has service EVER in our home!
She always has to tell people before coming home that she is heading home, and she'll have to call them back from my phone.

Choose wisely!

0 Likes
rjmusic

Show me how I can save $20 a month after I switch to a plan that has data?  I don't know.  I want to stay where I am, but I am trying to justify the cost.  I really feel like to keep up with the times, I need to get an Iphone 5 with data and the way you guys do your plans now would cost us more, so that isn't viable.  Plus, at least with Sprint  I wouldn't have to watch my usage.  I don't know, I am trying to decide. 

0 Likes
rjmusic

Thanks for the info Lyner!  I am definitely thinking this all the way through.

0 Likes
Not applicable

A) No one has "unlimited data" you'll find that out soon enough. If you want 4G for Sprin,t IF they even have it where you're at, that will be $10 a month extra.

B) If you go outside a Sprint area( which is most everywhere ) the data is not only NOT unlimited it has a top speed of 256 kbps.

C ) Once Sprint gets more 4G rolled out all of those on unlimited data customers will slow the network to a crawl making "unlimited data" useless. But ahead and find out the hard way. Sorry but the carrier that can handle all their customers using unlimited 4G data doesn't exist.

0 Likes
rjmusic

Brian thank you for the reply, but it seems that you think that I am stupid:

A)  I already know this.  I already figured out the price and with my sister it would still be $20 cheaper with Sprint.

B)  I realize this too. Most of my time, like 99%, I would be in a Sprint area.

C) This is true of any 4G service.  There have already been reports of it slowing down with Verizon since the new Iphone 5 came out.

So again, I am not stupid, but thank you for your input.

0 Likes