Re: Possible to pay upcharge for ad-free Hulu?
RKling

Just wanted to say I followed Verizon’s instructions (remove Disney bundle from my Verizon subscription, separately buy an ad-free Disney bundle subscription on the hulu website, and then re-enroll in the bundle through Verizon) and it DID work as promised. Once I re-enrolled and followed the steps to activate Hulu and ESPN+, I got sentó to a page on the Hulu site showing a total bill of $19.99 per month with a “Verizon Credit” of $13.99 per month and a net cost of $6. 

Only issue was that I had to wait 24 hours after removing the Disney Bundle from my Verizon account before I could successfully add it again. 

Hope this helps..

0 Likes
DA62

"Only issue was that I had to wait 24 hours after removing the Disney Bundle from my Verizon account before I could successfully add it again."

What happened if you didn't wait 24 hours.  I've been going in circles on this for several hours now, and I'm about ready to toss my laptop out the window in frustration.

I've followed the steps of canceling VZW bundle in VZW, creating a new account in Hulu with a paid Ad Free subscription.

When I add VZW add-on back, it goes through to Disney+ account almost instantly, but when I click the link to Activate my Hulu, I just end up at https://signup.hulu.com/bundles/switch page that just keeps reloading, it never goes through to Hulu.

If I go straight to Hulu in another tab and login as normal, I get to my current Hulu account page with a subscription for $12.99 active.

Do you think that waiting 24 hours will get me through?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Disney Bundle is awesome. I'm so sorry to learn about what happened with Hulu. I'm sure I can help you. The next steps to take for you depend on what type of subscription you have with Hulu. If you click this link, then click "Existing Disney+, Hulu, or ESPN+ subscribers" on the right side of the page, you will see the details on what to do next: http://spr.ly/6600J0co6 I hope that information helps! 

-Jordan

0 Likes
DA62

That's what I already did.

I've got VZW, Disney+, and Hulu accounts, all with the same email as login.

I cancelled Disney Bundle on VZW. My Disney+ reverted to my annual plan.

I added Ad Free to my Hulu account.

I went back to VZW and re-added the Disney Bundle.

Where I'm at now:

1. Disney+ account shows my Annual plan paused, and my VZW Bundle plan as active.
  2. Disney+ apps let me login no issues.
  3. ESPN allows me to login with no issues.
  4. Hulu shows me as a $12.99 /month Ad Free subscriber, no add-ons, no mention of VZW or Disney+ bundles. Renewal due in a month.
  5. Clicking "go to Disney" button in VZW sends me to a page that says click here to activate Hulu, but clicking that sends me to a Hulu signup page (/plans) that just keeps reloading or erroring out.

I can't figure out how to link Hulu Ad Free to Disney+ and VZW Bundle at this point. I am sure I followed the instructions to the letter and in the proper order at one point.

Meanwhile, I'm now paying $12.99 for Ad Free when it should be $6.00.

Not really sure which of the three companies I need to speak with to get this fixed right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information. We will be happy to take a closer look at this matter. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist. ~Vic

0 Likes
DA62

I sent a private message with personal details, but to others searching for solutions where the FAQ and messages above still haven't found one:

Hulu support said the issue with my account is that Verizon is passing off a bad Hulu account to Disney. They can see a referral associated with my email, but there is no account information or personal information in the referral and passed it back to being a problem on Verizon's end.

0 Likes
jpjp4ever

Check out the link... appears that it's not possible to subscribe to no-ads and still receive the Verizon credit.   You will need a separate Hulu No-Ads account

"Hulu (No Ads), Live TV, and Add-ons

Verizon-billed subscribers are not able to switch Hulu plans or sign up for add-ons.* If you’re interested in making any of these changes, you’ll want to end your current Disney Bundle subscription and resubscribe directly through Hulu. "

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/manage-verizon

0 Likes
Emmylou99
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon website has detailed instructions, linked to by others elsewhere in this thread, on how to supposedly set your account up so you just pay the $6 a month difference, but don't bother, it doesn't work. I followed the instructions, it appeared ok, but Hulu still charged me $12.99 a month...when I saw it on my credit card I called their customer service but they say, sorry, there's no way to do it, that option doesn't exist and that it's Verizon's fault.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Here is a handy site that will provide answers: http://spr.ly/6606Kc7hj

-Chris

pspiel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any chance Verizon will work with Hulu and fix this so that ANY Verizon customer (not just those who had the Disney bundle before) who has Verizon's Disney bundle can log on to their Verizon account, check a box that says "upgrade to no-ads version of Hulu" and have the $6.00/mo added to their Verizon bill? This seems like a missed opportunity for both Verizon and Hulu. Hulu is missing out on $6/mo from a large number of users, and causing frustration with Hulu because users have to watch ads and cannot download Hulu shows to watch offline (e.g. on an airplane), possibly causing them to give up on watching Hulu altogether. For Verizon, they are alienating a large group of customers who were told when they upgraded to 5G (which added $10/mo/user to their Verizon bill) that they get the Disney bundle for free, only to find there's a huge catch: when you watch Hulu you have to sit through more ads than network TV, and you cannot download the Hulu content to watch it offline. There must be a solution.