Powering equipment OFF?
Steve_W24
Enthusiast - Level 2

We just recently added Home Fusion to our wireless account.  We have had dial-up for 18 years and are DELIGHTED with the new High Speed Connection.  My question is whether or not to turn off the power to our computer when not in use like overnight?  How about the new Home Fusion Box with the flashing status lights (4G.Internet, Eithernet and WiFi)?  Should I leave them both ON all the time?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Powering equipment OFF?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new found speeds, Steve_W24. It certainly is awesome to see you delighted with your purchase. It's not necessary to turn everything off when not in use, it can help avoid unexpected usage from automatic updates. I personally power down most of my electronics at night to save a bit on my energy bill too. The option to leave them on is completely up to you and your usage needs. If you have anything connected to your Home Fusion that would need internet to process (such as a home security system for example) at all hours, you can turn your other devices off and leave your router on.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new found speeds, Steve_W24. It certainly is awesome to see you delighted with your purchase. It's not necessary to turn everything off when not in use, it can help avoid unexpected usage from automatic updates. I personally power down most of my electronics at night to save a bit on my energy bill too. The option to leave them on is completely up to you and your usage needs. If you have anything connected to your Home Fusion that would need internet to process (such as a home security system for example) at all hours, you can turn your other devices off and leave your router on.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Steve_W24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks JenniferH for the quick response.  For now, I will probably turn off our computer but leave the router on. I usually turn off our computer at night anyway.  It was suggested to me by Verizon support that I continue to do this to avoid unwanted overnight downloads, but it seems that as soon as I turn my computer back on, downloads occur shortly thereafter anyway.  I've been attempting to learn more about this because the greatest amount of data being charged against our account is coming in overnight.  We signed up for the 12G data package but already it looks like we may run over and be charged extra.  This is difficult for me to understand because all we do is email and occasional searches on Google and visit a few websites.  I like to read the local newspaper online and my wife enjoys the articles she finds on the AOL homepage.  I hope to get to the bottom of this as our bill is already high enough...

0 Likes