Really bad customer service from Verizon
harveydb

A friend bought a phone from Verizon, returned it, unopened a couple of days later.  The rep at the store said, all set, gave her a receipt for the return with a credit to her credit card, which never actually materialized.  It’s been over two months now, with repeat visits to the store where she was told to contact billing (I think).  No response and to date, no credit.

she’s also having a horrible time with her home internet.  Paid for new routers to be installed, was told she’d get a new line into the house.  No new line and the main router is in a closet in the basement next to the washer and dryer.  According to their own instructions, sent to her by a ‘chat’ agent today, a router should be:

centrally located (not in a garage, basement, attic or closet) not nearby metal objects/appliances and heavy furniture

Signal strength degrades as distance between the router and device increase.  Ya think???

TO CAP IT ALL THE CHAT ENDED BECAUSE SHE REPEATEDLY GOT THE MESSAGE THAT HER RESPONSE WAS NOT DELIVERED?

time to switch to Xfinity

0 Likes
Re: Really bad customer service from Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, Harvey! We hear your concerns and help is here! To continue, we need some additional information. To begin, please send us a Private Note. *Kris

0 Likes
harveydb

Not sure exactly what you need to know.  Since I wrote my friend had a good conversation with  rep, who arranged for a tech to come out to re-wire the ONT box into the house so that the router could be moved from the closet in the basement etc., etc., etc.

HOWEVER, when he arrived his order read that all that needed doing was for the router to be changed, which he said might, or might not help and there would be a charge of $150.  She said he was very nice and seemed knowledgeable.  She was instructed to call for another appointment and after speaking to three different people was put on hold.  The fourth person to get on the line had no idea what was going on, the call got cut-off and that was that.  No call back, no nothin’.

she’s about ready to move to Xfinity and I don’t blame her.  I noticed that my internet charge is being raised n March and I may well follow suit.  It feels like the only customers who get good treatment are new customers.

Additionally, she still hasn’t received her $9xxrefund for the returned phone.

0 Likes
harveydb

Just writing to say that the issue of the non-credit credit has still kept been resolved.   My friend is still out $9xx and still getting the runaround.  Shame on you Verizon for not looking after a someone who has been a customer for 20+ years.

0 Likes