Ringbacks
LlorenK

One of the main reasons I signed up to pay a heap of money for service was for the ringback tones.

What gives, this is like the only provider who offers this service.

0 Likes
Re: Ringbacks
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

VzW no longer offers the service, i.e.,

Ringback Service 

0 Likes
LlorenK

Yeah I know that, that's why I signed up for this service, who else offers ringbacks?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apparently the technology used for the ringback tones is incompatible with the technology used 4G LTE network. At least that's what I've concluded based on information available about how it worked and even before the service was discontinued it wasn't compatible with phones using VoLTE. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
LlorenK

My phone uses VoLTE and so does my girls it's active all the time and the ringbacks still work, besides sounds like somebody just doesn't want to do the work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ringback Tones were discontinued 10/31/2020. None of your callers since then should have heard the tones when they call you. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I loved using the Ringback tone feature as well. However, Verizon was the first national carrier to offer Ringback Tones for customers more than a decade ago but as technology has evolved. While this feature is no longer supported, we hope you continue to enjoy our service. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize but we do not have information about Ringback tones for other companies. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ringback tones are not available from T-Mobile or AT&T. Sprint is in the process of integrating into T-Mobile. You will have to search the smaller carriers for their availability of features. 

AT&T apparently discontinued their Answer Tones (aka Ringback tones) in 2014. 

https://forums.att.com/conversations/tones-games-videos-more/is-att-cancelling-ringback-tones-servic...

The CallerTunes from T-Mobile has been retired.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/callertunes

0 Likes