Rude Employee and Bad Service at Wilmington Ohio Verizon Store
DanielMcCamish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last month I traded my iPhone 6s for a new iPhone 13 Pro and was promised a $650 discount. This month my bill states that I'm being charged for the $650 in 24 installments. There is no reference on my account to the trade-in or to the discount. I was also double charged for the $35 "one-time" setup fee: once when I bought the phone, and again on this month's bill. After trying multiple times to reach a live person via chat on the Verizon website, I called the Wilmington Ohio store (1537 Rombach Ave) where I purchased my new phone and was treated very rudely by a representative who said his name is "Clinton". He kept interrupting me, showed no empathy, talked down to me, and hung up without resolving the issue with my billing. Before hanging up on me, I told him that he needed to treat his customers better. Instead of acknowledging his behavior, he tried to shift the blame onto me, accusing me of the same rudeness that he was showing. I was frustrated, sure, but I wasn't rude to this man, nor did I blame him for the situation. I have been a Verizon customer for 18 years and have never been treated like this. Please tell me how to file a formal complaint regarding this employee. Also, how do I go about getting my account straightened out? Verizon's billing practices are extremely complicated, overwhelming, and impossible for an average user like me to understand. I should receive the $650 discount I was promised and shouldn't be billed twice for a "one-time fee" of $35.

Thank you,
Daniel *****

Re: Rude Employee and Bad Service at Wilmington Ohio Verizon Store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, DanielMcCamish. We are very sorry to hear about the experience that you've had when reaching out to this store for support and and for the inquiry that you have regarding your expected trade-in discount. We certainly want to assist with this further in every way that we can. Please send us a private message so that we can assist further. Thank you.   -Brett

0 Likes
DanielMcCamish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brett, this is a follow up to last month's post. I still haven't received my $650 promotional discount on that iPhone 13 Pro, and it's been two full billing cycles since I purchased it back in December. No one at the local store or at Verizon has held the rude employee accountable, but I'm more concerned about the $650 I was promised, and the $35 setup fee that I was double-billed for. I did reach out to the store again last week, but still no results.

Instead of me having to figure out your private messaging system, how about reaching out to me as an 18+ year customer, and making this right?

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DanielMcCamish, we value your many years of loyalty and we want nothing more than to make sure you receive a  resolution for your promotion concern. I have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
DanielMcCamish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the option to delete this post doesn't seem to exist, here's an update. The general manager for this area reached out to me today and apologized for the mix-up. He informed me that my account had been credited for the $650 promotional discount as well as the $35 overcharge, and will follow up with the local Verizon store about the level of service I received. Prior to his call, I was finally able to get some help on this website through the private messaging and chat features. Everything is fine now.

I hope Verizon will consider making this website more customer friendly. Had it been possible to locate the number for a call center, or reach a real person by chat right away, it would have saved me hours of frustration. It took several community forum and social media posts to get their attention. Overbearing, bold fonts along with huge pictures and graphics whizzing around the screen are no substitute for ease of navigation and clarity of content. Do better, Verizon.

Thanks from a restored customer,

~Daniel

0 Likes