Service has gotten consistently weaker over the last couple of months
ah42
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a Verizon customer for about 13 years. The service coverage has always been far superior to the competition. However, in the last couple of months the service at my home has degraded and gotten worse over time. It's now to the point where I don't receive about 80% of phone calls and texts have trouble going through. People will tell me they tried to call me but my phone never rang. How is it possible for the cell signal get weaker? I thought they were always working to make it stronger. Maybe a tower near me was retired or something. I don't know what's causing it, but if it doesn't resolve soon I have no choice but to look at other carriers to see if I get coverage at my house. The interactive coverage map shows "Excellent" 4G LTE Quality at my address.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
TRoss2005

Really disturbing that this question was asked almost a year ago without a response from Verizon.  I'm here for the same reason and it doesn't look promising that I'll get a response.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TRoss2005 wrote:

Really disturbing that this question was asked almost a year ago without a response from Verizon. I'm here for the same reason and it doesn't look promising that I'll get a response.

The VZW reps that roam this community forum only seem to reply to threads marked as a question. This particular discussion thread wasn't marked as a question. Also you could have created your own thread for your specific location or replied to a newer discussion thread.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TRoss2005

Your topic was the one that correlated most with the issue I'm having,  so I clicked on it first in hopes there would be a suggestion or answer to the problem.  Hadn't looked at any other comments when I replied.  Even though your comment wasn't in the form of a question,  one would hope that they would've been concerned enough about their service reliability and customer happiness that they would've still approached you.  After perusing other comments/ questions,  I really don't see any point in trying to get them to help resolve the problem,  as it appears they're not to concerned with our issues from the responses I've read from them in other comments/ questions. Problem is,  they're more concerned about rolling out their new 5G service than maintaining and upgrading the service that the majority of their customers use in 4G.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TRoss2005 wrote:

Your topic was the one that correlated most with the issue I'm having, so I clicked on it first in hopes there would be a suggestion or answer to the problem. Hadn't looked at any other comments when I replied. Even though your comment wasn't in the form of a question, one would hope that they would've been concerned enough about their service reliability and customer happiness that they would've still approached you. After perusing other comments/ questions, I really don't see any point in trying to get them to help resolve the problem, as it appears they're not to concerned with our issues from the responses I've read from them in other comments/ questions. Problem is, they're more concerned about rolling out their new 5G service than maintaining and upgrading the service that the majority of their customers use in 4G.

This isn't MY topic. It is one of thousands of discussion threads on the Verizon Wireless Community forum.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TRoss2005

Well,  let me apologize for commenting in your thread then.  Jeez,  I was just stating an observation. I'l be sure to never comment on one of your threads again as to not bother you with my drivel. #Bet you're fun at parties.

0 Likes