Re: Slow to no speed in afternoon
dabigin

I've asked around on Facebook and people on verizon are all having problems, from slow to no internet in the Temple/Waco area. People have been having problems since 2019 one said. Will this matter be taken care of? Should I call support and tell them so they can issue a service ticket for the area? Let me know what I should do to get the ball rolling. I even had someone from AT&T try to sell me AT&T service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dabigin, thanks for the replies. We do understand the need for speed. The typical Data Speeds for 5G Nationwide is 2-5 Mbps upload and 5 to 12 Mbps download https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-16543/   -Kevin

0 Likes
Thosygirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope this shows up as a separate post. And I haven’t posted to the community platform before

I hope this shows up as a separate post. And I haven’t posted to the community platform before

I recently switched from T-Mobile to Verizon because of slow data speeds but I’m wondering now if I made the right choice? I wish I had read these posts before I switched.

It seems a lot of these problems are in Texas? I am in Corpus Christi. I used to have Samsung S7 with Tmobil. Now I have a much getter phone ( iPhone 12 ) with Verizon but the data speeds on my new phone aren’t any faster and seems to be slower at times. I’m thinking maybe I should have just gotten a new phone and stayed with T-Mobile?

I am now in Boerne Texas and it’s February 2022 and I’m having the same problems with being able to get a signal in the morning but it stops around 11 or 12.  I’m surprised to read that this problem has been going on since 2019 and is still an issue.  

I contacted Verizon customer service and was surprised to find out that are levels of plans that give you better access to the , obviously limited, high speed service.  Apparently if I wanted to pay more I could have a priority plan where I get better access to the high-speed service.  It seems that that if I’m using the service and other people with “ higher priority”  and more expensive plans start to use the service I don’t have access to the same speed anymore and get bumped down to a slower speed. I’ll bet many of you on Verizon don’t know that and haven’t been told that by customer service ( but it would certainly explain the slow speeds in the afternoon when probably more people are using the service wouldn’t it??  ). I only found this out because I had heard a rumor this happens and specifically asked about it.   Unfortunately this was after I had already gotten Lured into Verizon with a “free phone over 24 -30 months” promotion.  

if a Verizon Rep sees this post I hope they specifically clear up  one big question

-  It is my understanding m, after talking to Verizon, that even though I have a 5G compatible phone I will never be able to 5G service .  Thank his is because I don’t have the “ Priority plan”. 

I don’t believe T-Mobile does this and Verizon certainly doesn’t make that clear when you sign up.  Overall T-Mobile is usually a cheaper service. The reason I switched to Verizon is because my friends had it and they had great high-speed service and great coverage. But I realize now they are likely paying for a priority plan.

Maybe if enough people on Verizon find out about this and decide to leave, now or when their promotions are up , Verizon will stop this “Priority “ practice and fix the slow speeds in the afternoon problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such detailed information. We thank you for choosing Verizon as your service provider and we certainly want you to regret making that decision.

As a valued customer, your account's service concerns are our concerns too. We see you have several questions. Let's work together to address and resolve your concerns, starting with your reference about experiencing service issues in Corpus Christi, Texas, which has multiple zip codes.

Are you experiencing service issue while indoors, outdoors, or both? How long has this been happening?  Have there been any recent changes with your Device(s)? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.)

Please reboot your phone while we're troubleshooting together. Thanks!-Robert C.

0 Likes