Someone please have a solution to this headache...
moo007

I have a dilemma.

A few weeks ago, I preordered an iPhone 6 Plus from Verizon.  I currently have straight talk, and my service is set to end on 11/2.  I got shipping confirmation on the iPhone today, and that is set to reach me on Monday, 11/3.

The problem is that I am a Realtor, and I have my phone number everywhere from business cards, to signs, to etc.  I absolutely cannot afford to lose my current phone number.  Given that my straight talk service ends on 11/2, I was told by Straight Talk CS (live chat) that the only plan they offer is the 30 days (which costs me over $50 after taxes).  I would have to pay for the entire month just so that I could hold my phone number for 1 day!!!

Here's the thing.  I could live without phone service for a few days - that's not the problem. It's solely the phone number.

What angers me:

- I was told by a Verizon salesperson (phone rep) that I would be able to activate a used device while I waited for the phone to come in.

- I purchased a Verizon LG G3 for this reason, but when I went in the store to activate it, I was told the truth - they'd have to CANCEL my order in order to set me up with the LG.

- I do not really even care about the iPhone.  I care more about the plan, which is the 2gb $60 per month plan.  I apparently would lose that if I was to cancel the iPhone order and get something else.

- I've spent countless hours with Verizon CS and Sales team, and have been juggled between them about 15 times.  CS can't activate a new line, and sales can't give me the plan I'm set to receive.

The bottom line here - is there any way I can avoid this $50 charge and get my number converted?! There must be something that someone, somewhere can do to hold my number?! I still have this LG G3 phone.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes