Splitting Accounts
pfarley94

My husband and I are getting divorced. I’ve sent him a request to transfer off my account multiple times and he won’t do it. Is there any way I can get him off the account without having him accept the transfer? I am the account owner. 

0 Likes
Re: Splitting Accounts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@pfarley94 wrote:

My husband and I are getting divorced. I’ve sent him a request to transfer off my account multiple times and he won’t do it. Is there any way I can get him off the account without having him accept the transfer? I am the account owner. 

You can add it to your divorce decree to require he accept the transfer of service request. It might require the assistance of both of your lawyers to verify it has been completed.  https://www.verizon.com/support/transfer-service/overview/

The other option is literally canceling the line, but you would still responsible for the remaining balance any device payment agreements associated with the line and any service charges up until the end of the billing cycle whenever you cancel the line. This option will cause your husband to lose their phone number and could cause additional friction between you. It isn't an ideal situation. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

The ultimatum is either take his number off the account or you disconnect it. As the account owner, he owns no lines, those are 100% yours. If he doesn't want to accept them of your account, you are well within your right to terminate service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

First I do wish you well during this situation. I know it is hard. I would love to help as much as I can. Sadly if the person does not take ownership it will still be under your name since you are the account owner. You are welcome to give the line to someone else. If you have the device you can sell it. If you do not have the device you can put it as lost/stolen since it is under your name. Does this help? -Amber

0 Likes
rjaffeux

My husband did this I'm actually looking on how to take my daughter off mine. He contacted Verizon and started having his part sent to his address with only his part connected to his phone. When he paid it off he turned his phone off son this is not current information you can split the bill. I guess I'll have to go to him to find out how. His phone was not paid off nor did he pay it off for about 6mo or a year but I no longer saw his part or did I pay it. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes