Terrible Signal equals a lot of dropped calls
JONWRI7

I've been living in this same apartment complex for about 1.5 years, which is near a major university in which VZW was supposed to have updated the towers nearby and the signal has progressively become worse with my S6 Edge: Dropped calls, weak connections, can't even dial out at times (cue the Verizon message), people can't even reach me now (straight to VM). I recently reset my network connections per the Tech Coach. I do believe its worse now.

Most embarrassing part..my mom has Sprint - has great signal and connection whenever she comes in town and my best friend has T-Mobile - even better signal and connection.

Is this a sign?! SMH....I'm paying a lot of money for no service. The balance isn't justified.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible Signal equals a lot of dropped calls
hickoryhl

I have a Galaxy S5, my husband has a droid and my niece has an Iphone.  We are ALL having dropped calls.  It started around a month ago.  I have advanced calling and a network extended.  There's no reason for this.  I'm ready to switch providers.  Please help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JONWRI7,

We always want you to have stellar service and happy to lend a hand. How long have you been having troubles exactly? Are you aware of other Verizon subscribers with similar concerns? Are the troubles with reception specific to this location only? If so, please provide the zip code.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JONWRI7

I would say its been since I moved in a year ago, but its gotten worse since the beginning of this year. I work from home now, so its really affecting my work.

Yes, others are having these issues near my apartment complex. Its a place that's not in a hole either. Pretty level with the main road, but when you leave the main road and drive into the complex signal and connections are horrible. Zip Code is 29672, but its closer to the 29631 area. (I can email or DM you more accurate information, if you need it.)

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus
Thanks for all that great information JONWR17. I was able to review the area and we definitely would like to investigate your issues in more detail. Did our techs who advised you of the reset process a trouble-ticket for your area issues? If so, we would love to know that ticket number to review it more thoroughly for the next best step in resolving your issues. I will send you a private message for those details.

KinquanaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you have an Android OS device, you can change the network setting. It should be set to CDMA/LTE and not Global. This usually fixes the issue.

The biggest thing I see here is complaining about reception INSIDE your home. While I know that is frustrating to have this issue (I went through it myself), it seem that your phone for both JONWRI7​ and hickoryhl​ should be WiFi calling capable. Unless you don't have a broadband connection with a WiFi router you should be able to EASILY solve this. Keep in mind that there is never a guarantee of connectivity inside of any building, INCLUDING your home. That is what land lines are for.

0 Likes
JONWRI7

sprmankalel Yeah, I understand the in home signal bit WHEN ON THE PHONE, but people, including my boss, are saying they are calling me and I'm getting nothing. No call notifications for missed calls or anything, but next thing you know I'm getting a voicemail tone or text about not being able to reach me.

That's my main complaint. Signal quality is one thing, but not getting calls to begin with is an even bigger issue.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should then check to make sure that Do Not Disturb is not on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's certainly important to receive incoming calls when at home, JONWRI7. It can certainly be tricky in apartment complexes when there are several units in one spot, I have even had trouble in the past in a condo complex with only a few units. It was a good idea to reset your network settings. What model phone are you using? Do you have any trouble using data when you are not connected to WiFi in your home area? Do you have WiFi available at your home?

LaurenC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JONWRI7

I'll be honest, I keep hearing that "signal can be tricky in apartment complexes". That's the song I keep hearing. I work in tech, so I knew that before starting this inquiry. Explain to me that if its possibly my apartment...why do AT&T, T-Mobile AND Spirit all have excellent signal in my apartment. No issues what so ever. Explain that.

I'm thinking its one of two things...My phone just sucks (which wouldn't be to hard to see, since the S6 Edge is a major let down since the recent updates) or my service sucks and VZW can't or won't do a thing about it.

I did the reset thinking it would help, not seeing a lot. I thought that making sure my settings were correct and they are...still nothing. I see that I can't upgrade to a new phone yet, so I won't know if my phone is the issue, but its in perfect condition. Actually, my best friend has the same exact phone and its on T-Mobile.  If I'm looking at this correctly and I assume its not my phone and VZW isn't going to come out here and see what the deuce is wrong, so then...my only choice is to find someone else.

My work, my business, my life depends on having a working cellphone for at least 80% of the time. (Current state probably 50/50  and that's generous number)

So please tell me what solutions you actually have.

Thank you for your time and help.

0 Likes