Terrible cell and data service starting in May 2022
DeeMoney13

Starting back on May 3rd of this year, we saw a sudden serious downgrade of service here in Western North Carolina. We recently upgraded to 5G phones and 5G unlimited back in December and have had great service. Then, May 3rd, everything went south. At least 4 or 5x a week, we can't send pictures, make phone calls, download or stream. We posted in neighborhood and city sites asking if anyone was having a similar issue. Lots of people are reporting issues following the same timeline. Our service is worse than ATT now. At a loss of what to do, other than cancel our service and switch over. My husband and I use our phones primarily for work. So this situation drastically effects us. Looking for any suggestions on improving the situation. TIA. 

0 Likes
Re: Terrible cell and data service starting in May 2022
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to have the best possible service. Are the neighbors expressing the same concern? What ZIP code are you located in?

-Tionna

0 Likes
DeeMoney13

Yes. Not just close by neighbors but surrounding neighborhoods as well. Zip code is 28704. People who have called have heard various reasons. Congesting of the towers, building new towers, servicing towers, vegetation overgrowth, etc. Not a closer answer though. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information, DeeMoney13. There are no open alerts at the zip code you provided us. We want to look into this further. We have sent you a private note, so we can continue working on this together.

-Jason

0 Likes
WYNLIN7
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the answer was/is?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. We'd be more than glad to assist you here. I'd be disappointed to if I were experiencing  service issues. We can help you, but we'll need more information from you.

Can you tell us more about which of your services is being affected? (e.g., calls, text, web browsing, etc) Is this happening indoors, outdoors, or both?

Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously. Please don't provide an exact address here in a public post.

Please provide our Team with the city's name and state you're in and the nearest intersection where you're located so that we can review the area where you're experiencing service issues.  

-Robert C.

0 Likes