To what extent can customer's access usage records?
arkiel
Enthusiast - Level 2

We all know that Verizon maintains extensive records on the usage of phones. To what extent can the actual customer access the information Verizon stores about the usage of his device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: To what extent can customer's access usage records?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The call logs include a Destination category, based on the individual cell tower being used at the time.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're the Account Owner of a post-paid account and logged in as such, you have access to your current billing cycle call/data/text logs via your on-line My Verizon account under View My Usage  You also have access to the past 18 months' worth of call logs, as well as the past 90 days' worth of data/text logs, by viewing the past bills in your My Verizon account under View Bill.

arkiel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does that include information on where the person was, either based on GPS or pseudo-GPS or by identifying the wireless towers that were part of the transmission?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

No. Are you stalking? Because that's what that is.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The call logs include a Destination category, based on the individual cell tower being used at the time.

arkiel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it stalking when the customer needs to prove where he wasn't? Because that's what this is.

Everyone always jumps to the stalking thing. If the government can collect this data enmasse, you'd think someone could use it to show that at least their phone was nowhere close town alleged robbery. Not dispositive, but it's something.

0 Likes
arkiel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the information!

0 Likes