Traded in my Apple Watch in the beginning of Oct 2020. I lost my email for the Submission ID, but luckily kept the UPS tracking # to the Ft Worth TX receiving location. When I checked that tracking ID, it was confirmed delivered on 10/19. I went to check the status on the Verizon Trade in website with my email and dates, it was not found (even 3 weeks after the delivered date). Either Verizon has "lost" my trade-in or their systems just plain terrible. Where is my stuff Verizon???
Does seem questions need to be answered by verizon I would call and see what they say don't know if it's a different dept or if you have a number to call separate from like customer service
We know how important it is for you to receive credit for your trade in! We are here to help. Please reply to our Direct Message for additional assistance.
This got resolved...sort of. Here's the highlights:
- Verizon rep could not find my submission ID, even though I had the shipping tracking number from the VZ site.
- Another Verizon rep (mistakenly) referenced an ongoing credit that we were already receiving as THE trade in credit.
- Another Verizon rep found my watch in their system but still could not align a submission ID to it.
- Verizon rep said they would credit me $100. My trade in was for $137 at that time of trade in submission. Verizon rep got back to indicate offer of $131 which they said I accepted. I asked where in the email chain indicated that I accepted, but they did not provide response on that.
- I inquired if I can get my watch back from Verizon rep but they said it was not possible.
So I don't think Verizon is intentionally scamming; however the incompetence of the people, process and tools made this quite an unpleasant experience.