My question is: Has anyone had their trade in issues resolved? I see lots of posts about issues, and the only person who seems to have had their issue resolved had to file a complaint with the BBB.
I have had numerous phone calls to the call center, and chats have yielded nothing but broken promises, and conflicting information.
I purchased 3 phones via a phone agent for pick up in store, with the 5G trade in offer (2 phones qualified for $700 each or $29.17/month over 24 months and one of the phones qualified for $800 or $33.34 per month). The trade in phones were a Samsung Galaxy S8 from Sprint, a Samsung Galaxy S8 from T-Mobile and one iPhone XR from Verizon. All were confirmed as qualifying for the offer.
It took multiple phone calls just to get the boxes, but those finally arrived, and the phones were sent back. I have tracked these phones and they arrived at the Verizon depot on July 6th.
I then got a notification that one of the phones was reduced from $700 to $13.50 as "Device received is different than device expected". The IMEI number is the same, it appears when the VERIZON PHONE AGENT, who took the order over the phone, typed the information, she typed the incorrect color.
From the trade-in “check status” page, it appears that the other 2 phones have been received, but no credit is on my account.
My last phone call 2 weeks ago to the call center I asked to speak to a manager. On that call she said that she was working with the phone receipt department to get the phone with the wrong color corrected and put me on hold multiple times as she worked with them. She did issue a credit for $96 on the account for the amount that I had to paid on the phones above the elusive monthly credit. She also informed me that she had worked with the returns department and that the actual credits would show up in the next couple of days. She then promised to issue a credit for the inconvenience to cover the upgrade charges for all the phones on the account ($35 x 5 = $175.00) - we upgrade 2 at Costco in June) - she said that it would take 24 - 48 hours for the credit to appear....it never did. She also said she would call back in 2 days to make sure everything was ok...again this did not happen. Finally, she said she would issue another $20 to the account if I gave her a good review on the survey (this seems very sketchy).
I have wasted more time trying to correct Verizon's issues that I care to remember.
Again, has anyone had a successful resolution, or do I need to go to the BBB?
Hello, I received a response from Verizon Customer service to verify my account so they could look into the situation. The link they provided to verify my account does not work...says page not found.
Please provide a working link.
I send mine in.
I checked the status online. They said they received the phone they expected. But they say "Final Trade-in value: $0.00" Earlier I was told the estimated trade-in value was $459.99. The phone was just fine and still in a protective case.
Verizon sent me a direct message about my issue and hasn't bothered responding when I wrote them back. I'm going to give them a few days and then the next steps will be requesting arbitration with the AAA and then filing an FTC complaint.
Hello, MrPlus. Thanks for reaching out to us. We will be sending your another private note. Please respond to that message. -Kevin
We want this Trade-In issue resolved ASAP and are sorry to hear about this issue. A Private Message is being sent now to assist you further.-Sean
Hello! I see that you were able to verify the wireless account. Please send us a message in the secure window with your First and Last Name as it would appear on the wireless account. You can always get to that window by following this link http://spr.ly/6005ymapB -Kevin