Transfer phone lines from state contract account to a personal account
lgouldify

We are transferring four phone lines from a Verizon account that was linked to a state contract to a new personal Verizon account. We planned to keep the phones and phone numbers we had under the business account to use on our personal account. When we got our first bill, we were surprised to see a charge for the phones we have had for over a year. This charge adds approx $80/mo to our bill. This extra charge was not mentioned in any of the correspondence with Verizon prior to us signing the new contract. How do I get this extra charge removed from my bill? I have spoken with others who have transferred their lines out from the same contract, and none has had to pay this additional fee, even though the had phones that were newer than ours.. 

0 Likes
Re: Transfer phone lines from state contract account to a personal account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lgouldify, we would never want for you to pay more than you should be. May I ask more about the charges? Just to clarify, are you being charged for the device payment's on the devices or is it something else? Please fill us in further. 

-Christine

0 Likes
lgouldify

I am currently working on leaving Verizon.  An agent that said they were from the highest level of customer service made it "crystal clear" that I would be responsible for paying $80 a line.  After I was told it would only be $35.  This agent said that it was unfortunate that the agent that transferred my line did not let me know how much it would be.  The agent didn't seem to mind at all that they would be losing a long time customer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because you were activating a new account, it might have been an activation fee for each line of service. If so, it would be a one time fee. Without knowing exactly how it was labeled on the bill, it is hard to say why it was there. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It might also have something to do with the plan you have on the new account.  There does need to be more information provided to get the full picture.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm certainly sorry to learn you want to remove anything . We value your loyalty and wouldn't want to lose any of your business. We always want to make sure you have the options you need though and we'll be glad to help. 
It sounds like there are 2 lines on the 5G Play More plan.
https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/
In seeking lowering costs, are any of the members of the account in any of the following fields listed in the link below?

https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-discount-registration/

-David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can understand your confusion regarding an unexpected charge on your account. We are here and happy to provide you clarity or correction.  Can you please  send us a Private Message, so we can discuss? *Lisa

0 Likes