TravelPass and Canada
GradBShift

I am traveling by car to Montreal, Quebec from the US soon and will be visiting there for 5 days.  Last year when I made the same trip without any sort of travel plan I ended up with about $300 in data usage charges - mainly from using my phone's GPS navigation.  If I purchase the $2/day TravelPass (my phone is eligible) will I avoid those charges this time around?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TravelPass and Canada
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

Yes you will. Since with Travel Pass. It's like extending the coverage of your domestic plan to Canada and Mexico for $2/day.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes you will. 

0 Likes
ralph1017
Contributor - Level 1

Yes you will. Since with Travel Pass. It's like extending the coverage of your domestic plan to Canada and Mexico for $2/day.

0 Likes
GradBShift

Thanks Weth and Ralph. Do i need to do anything on the phone after I add the Travelpass service...like enable global roaming or anything? It's a Galaxy S5

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Just have roaming on

0 Likes
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Really?  My husband is traveling to Canada in a few days.  I added travel pass but understood it was for calls and text only.  He had mobile data roaming off and was planning to turn off mobile data to keep his phone from automatic data usage and avoid the data roaming charges. 

I would appreciate hearing from someone who has used this in Canada and see how much their bill was.  To me $2 a day is almost too good to be true!

And.....  If it is true, do you turn data roaming on??

Thanking you all in advance!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

klschade,

I hope your husband is having an awesome time in Canada. That's important. Travel Pass also does work for data and in Canada it is $2.00 per day to use your US plan there. You can turn data roaming on and enjoy as long as that is set up.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Weth
Legend

Yes, really.  Mexico too.  Travelpass pass just extends your current plan to the country your in. That includes voice, text, and data and is $2 a day for Mexico and Canada. 

klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Wonderful!!!  Thank you for your quick response!  Great that he will be connected there!!  20+ years with Verizon (well Ameritech in the 90's) and LOVE it!

0 Likes
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you....  Love to hear that!!

0 Likes