UPS lost phone, Verizon will not take responsibility?
Krissimiller
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello, I have called since July 2022 on my husband's trade in phone that was to recieve an 800 trade in credit. We have all of the information such as tracking number of device trade in, pictures of package with tracking number, UPS confirmation slip number (and picture of package slip), last available tracking screenshot in August from UPS. We also have all of the IMEI, submission IDs, confirmation numbers. I even have the name of the associates we spoke to from Verizon stating credit would be applied. 

Today, February 21 2023, credit has not been applied and Verizon is continuing to charge full amount. I have spoke with 2 associates today. One, Cameron, guaranteed he would resolve this; only to have my call dropped with no return call. 

I am now speaking to another associate who is 'attempting' for the last 11 minutes to reach out to her manager but cannot guarantee it. UPS states that Verizon is their customer and this is their responsibility. I have filed a claim back in August with Hodgee. 

It has now been past 120 days in UPS system. I am about to file a claim with BBB (Better Business Bureu); this is not acceptable. 

Has anyone else run into these issues? Will Verizon offer any resolution?

0 Likes
Re: UPS lost phone, Verizon will not take responsibility?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to get resolution with this issue, Krissimiller. However, please keep in mind if we never received the package, then we have no way of knowing if it was sent to us at all. 

We are sending you a Private Message to address this issue with you.

-Steven

0 Likes
Re: UPS lost phone, Verizon will not take responsibility?
Krissimiller
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • Thank you for your reply. I have all photographic evidence that I mailed it with photos of UPS confirmation slip with tracking as well as photo of package with tracking slip. I also have confirmation numbers of all kinds and times and dates spoken with Verizon associates that told me credit would be applied. Phone is officially lost in mail since August 2022. I have just sent a written notice of Consumer Arbitration to [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] (the official email) listed on the United States Better Business Bureu for a 30 day window before I pursue consumer arbitration with BBB. I am writing this information which is all public information and should be provided to all Verizon clients as their legal rights. What is happening is wrong and immoral. I have been dealing with traumatic major life events and have clocked 18 hours of my life on the phone with Verizon agents with no resolution. If you would like to resolve this issue, I would prefer that. Again, official written notice was sent to email address listed above, time stamped.
0 Likes