Unable to get Verizon to acknowledge receipt of trade in - I have UPS receipt!
joanoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I traded in two phones in December. I have both UPS receipts that say "delivered to dock". I verbally have been told by two separate Verizon representatives that the phones were received. I was getting an email saying one phone was not received. That stopped after a telecon with a representative who assured me both phones were received by Verizon. I received an email today saying I would be charged $650 for one telephone because it was never traded in. I HAVE TO UPS RECEIPT STATING IT WAS DELIVERED TO VERIZON. I have spend countless hours on the telephone trying to get this resolved. I am at my wit's end. How do I escalate? I go through the phone systems, wait the requisite multiple hours to get a representative on the telephone, who tells me, after referencing my ticket number, that all is resolved. Meanwhile I am getting billed for the phone that was returned, but not acknowledged. I even have Verizon auto generated email that indicates receipt. HELP! any suggestions? I am thinking of picketing local office, kidding, not kidding.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to get Verizon to acknowledge receipt of trade in - I have UPS receipt!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello joanoc, thank you for contacting us. We understand your frustrating for getting charged for not returning a phone when you did return it, and we'd love to help! Our apologies for the huge inconvenience. Please send us a private note to better assist. ~Baldo

Re: Unable to get Verizon to acknowledge receipt of trade in - I have UPS receipt!
joanoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Baldo, 

Well, I appreciate your suggestion, but I have diligently tried to resolve this with customer support, to no avail. Many, many hours on the telephone. Ticket numbers issued and promises of follow up that doesn't happen. On my fourth attempt, they yet again acknowledged they received both my phone and my husband's, but explained further.  My husband sent in his IPhone 7 trade in and it was checked in incorrectly as my Phone 8 trade in. Then, when they received my IPhone 8 trade in two weeks later, they just reversed the earlier entry (making it appear that that IPhone 7 was never received) and checked in my IPhone 8...leaving my husband's IPhone 7 unaccounted for. Verizon customer service, on each of my telephone calls, stated from the get-go that the phones were received....as the UPS receipt I had definitively proved they were both received. (And I could hardly send mine in twice, now could I). After figuring out their error, it is STILL my problem apparently. I just got notice that the $650 credit for the IPhone 7 has been reversed. To add more salt to the wounds, I tried the "call back" feature, as I had already spent 6.25 hours of my time on hold cumulatively, and was unwilling to spend more. (Nevermind the frustration of explaining the issue over and over). Well, the appointed time came and sure enough, my phone rang, I answered it and.....nothing. Me: "hello? hello? HELLO?"...you get the idea. Then the phone disconnects after approximately a minute. Then I immediately get a text from Verizon that says, "Sorry we missed you." 

So, Baldo, I would really appreciate any further assistance you can offer to help me help Verizon sort out their processing errors. Oh, and to get me that $650 credit back for a phone Verizon has admittedly taken possession of.  I, after all, did everything correctly but am suffering the consequences of inept handling. Perhaps you could give me a specific email address to an actual person with the ability to resolve this issue, or....thinking outside the box here, maybe a telephone number?

In fairness, perhaps this has been finally resolved and the $650 credit reinstated...but I have no way to check and as described above, the call back feature was a fail. BTW...your response said "Please send us a private note", however there is no indication as to how I was supposed to send the "private note". 

thanks so much! Joan 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joan, we truly apologize that you have had to go through all of this and want to ensure it gets resolved. I have sent you a Private Note and look forward to working further with you there.

-Christine

0 Likes
Update! Credit finally correctly given for telephone sent in now erroneously taken away!! Will this ever end!?
joanoc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, thanks to the help of employees responding to this forum, I finally got the credit for my husband's phone, see thread below. Verizon acknowledged that apparently when his was returned it was logged in as mine. Then when mine was received a few weeks later, they just canceled receipt of his and logged mine in (again), saying his was never received (I had delivery proof from UPS that they received it). Months of hassle and phone calls and I FINALLY got proper credit for his telephone. Please understand, this was not my error, his phone was returned in the box he was given and all procedures followed properly. Verizon's error upon receipt caused me untold hours on the telephone and stress. Today, I got an email that his credit was reversed! Unbelievable! I cannot believe that I am having to deal with this again. It's like a bad nightmare that is on repeat. HELP me, forum monitors!!

0 Likes
Re: Update! Credit finally correctly given for telephone sent in now erroneously taken away!! Will this ever end!?
vhnewjersey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same issue, joanoc, at least you got further than me, you at least got credit and then unfortunately got reversed. As you said, this is not our fault, yet, Verizon keeps accusing me of sending in a wrong phone for my trade in.  No one ever even contacted me to tell me this mishap, i keep calling and calling and calling, putting on hold forever.  No one said a wrong phone has been sent in and no one ever tell me no credit will be given. unbelievable! I thought T-mobile was bad, this is worst experience I have ever to endure. 

Re: Update! Credit finally correctly given for telephone sent in now erroneously taken away!! Will this ever end!?
rbennett16

I am having the same issue with one of my phones that was returned.  I am being charged for the phone and cannot get Verizon to reverse the charge.  I have been a verizon customer for 10 years and am getting ready to turn in all of my phones and switch to AT&T.

0 Likes
Re: Update! Credit finally correctly given for telephone sent in now erroneously taken away!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning. Thanks for reaching out today. Making sure you that billing is correct is vital. I'm here to help with this returned phone. Please send us a Private Message when ready. *Justin

0 Likes
kathrynstone15

I have the same problem. I've been run through the gambit with the trade in team more times than I can count. I have proof of delivery from UPS, pictures of the device being shipped, conversations with Verizon acknowleging the phone's receipt, and still NO CORRECTION. I'm frustrated that there is no way to send in documentation to Verizon. Irate is putting it politely. 

0 Likes