Unable to reach customer service during normal business hours
asefaefersrberdgfhrth
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's 8:06 Sunday morning, I'm calling customer service, 800.922.0204, and I get a recording telling me to call back during "normal business hours", Sun. 8 a.m. - 9 p.m., "local time".

  1. Why does customer service not pick up the phone during normal business hours?
  2. What is your time zone? How is your time zone determined? How is my time zone determined?
  3. If I'm physically in Central time zone, but my account was created in Mountain time zone, although I do not live there any longer, what is my time zone according to Verizon?

 

 

1 Solution
deloused
Master - Level 3

It's based on the location of your phone number's area code

View solution in original post

19 Replies
asefaefersrberdgfhrth
Enthusiast - Level 2

@asefaefersrberdgfhrth wrote:

It's 8:06 Sunday morning, I'm calling customer service, 800.922.0204, and I get a recording telling me to call back during "normal business hours", Sun. 8 a.m. - 9 p.m., "local time".

  1. Why does customer service not pick up the phone during normal business hours?
  2. What is your time zone? How is your time zone determined? How is my time zone determined?
  3. If I'm physically in Central time zone, but my account was created in Mountain time zone, although I do not live there any longer, what is my time zone according to Verizon?

 

 


Also, my area code (ported) is Pacific time zone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of reaching someone today which is why we are here to help. How can we help you today asefaefersrberdgfhrth ? What wireless concerns do you have that we can address? You can also reach us on Twitter, Facebook and via our chat line https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/

 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Reply
deloused
Master - Level 3

It's based on the location of your phone number's area code

asefaefersrberdgfhrth
Enthusiast - Level 2

@deloused wrote:

It's based on the location of your phone number's area code



Thanks!! It's very ironic. I didn't even get this phone number from Verizon. It has been ported twice, and reflects where I lived 15 years ago.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure all your questions are answered.  Is there anything else that we can assist you with?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Reply
Tigerstep
Specialist - Level 3

Your post makes it sound like people stare at a ringing phone without answering it.

0 Likes
Reply
asefaefersrberdgfhrth
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Tigerstep wrote:

Your post makes it sound like people stare at a ringing phone without answering it.


This is a serious question, please do not reply unless you have something to add.

Tigerstep
Specialist - Level 3

Anything beyond a disconnect can be done by you online and you asking why no one is picking up. Self serve will save you tons of time.

Also doesn't matter what your area code is or where you live. If someone calls from the East coast, an agent from the West coast may answer and vice versa. Regular business hours are irrelevant, your call gets routed to which agent is available regardless of the center or part of the country.

0 Likes
Reply
asefaefersrberdgfhrth
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Tigerstep wrote:

Anything beyond a disconnect can be done by you online and you asking why no one is picking up. Self serve will save you tons of time.

Also doesn't matter what your area code is or where you live. If someone calls from the East coast, an agent from the West coast may answer and vice versa. Regular business hours are irrelevant, your call gets routed to which agent is available regardless of the center or part of the country.


That doesn't make any sense. If customer service opens at 8 a.m., and I call at 8:15, 8:30, 9:00, 9:30 and always get the message "you have called outside business hours" then something else is going on. And for the record, "self serve" has nothing to do with the question and does absolutely nothing to solve the problem at hand. I would have used it if it had been what I was looking for.

Still looking for an answer, what does "local" time mean on posted business hours, i.e.:

Customer Service
800.922.0204
Mon - Fri, 7 AM - 9 PM local time
Sat - Sun 8 AM - 9 PM local time

 

asefaefersrberdgfhrth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nobody?

0 Likes
Reply
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want the process of contacting us to be seamless for you. We are happy to help here. How can we assist?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
Reply
asefaefersrberdgfhrth
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We always want the process of contacting us to be seamless for you. We are happy to help here. How can we assist?

RashadM_VZW



What is meant by "local time" in the following:

 
Customer Service
800.922.0204
Mon - Fri, 7 AM - 9 PM local time
Sat - Sun 8 AM - 9 PM local time

 

0 Likes
Reply
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question. We're referring to your local time zone.   JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
Reply
cfrandsen70
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm wondering that myself?  I am getting the same message that  I am calling outside business hours of 8am-7pm Mon through Sat.  IS this PST, MST, CST, EST?????

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes
Reply
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cfrandsen70

Sorry for this inconvenience. We're eager to assist you. Are you calling us at 800-922-0204 or *611 from your wireless phone? For your convenience, you may also manage your account online at My Verizon here: 

 

https://secure.verizon.com/vzauth/UI/Login?goto=https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/ui/hub/secure...

 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
Reply
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry customer service did not answer the phone for you during normal business hours asefaefersrberdgfhrth . I can understand your frustration when you need assistance with your wireless account. Customer service via the 1-800-922-0204 is Monday-Friday 7am-9pm and Sat-Sun 8am-9pm local time. 

 

There could have been a delay in opening up the customer service line but we can always help via Twitter or Facebook. You can also reach us via chat online.

 

Here is a link to our contact us page for more information on our hours of operation https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/

 

Did you receive any assistance since posting this message? If you still need help, you can let us know your concerns here via this platform, try calling us again, chatting with us or reaching us on Twitter/Facebook. 

 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Reply
asefaefersrberdgfhrth
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

I'm sorry customer service did not answer the phone for you during normal business hours asefaefersrberdgfhrth . I can understand your frustration when you need assistance with your wireless account. Customer service via the 1-800-922-0204 is Monday-Friday 7am-9pm and Sat-Sun 8am-9pm local time. 

 

There could have been a delay in opening up the customer service line but we can always help via Twitter or Facebook. You can also reach us via chat online.

 

Here is a link to our contact us page for more information on our hours of operation https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/

 

Did you receive any assistance since posting this message? If you still need help, you can let us know your concerns here via this platform, try calling us again, chatting with us or reaching us on Twitter/Facebook. 

 

KinquanaH_VZW


What do you mean by "local time"? Did you even read the question?

 

deloused
Master - Level 3

It's based on the time zone where your phone number's area code is located

0 Likes
Reply