Unauthorized transaction on my account
simhoff

My mother and my step father have been on my Verizon plan for 10 years. A year ago I found out my mom relapsed on drugs , but due to the device balances owed on her and my step dad’s phones I couldn’t afford to kick them off. I called Verizon and made sure we had an account PIN set and that neither my mom or step dad were authorized to make any changes or purchases on the account. 

I was assured they wouldn’t be able to do anything on the account without our knowledge. 

Fast forward to today where I found out my mom was able to call customer service and get a “replacement device” under warranty, and then didn’t return the old phone so I have to pay $800. 

When I called customer service they told me that there was nothing they could do even though neither my husband or myself authorized the transaction AND my mother didn’t provide any type of PIN or any other security measure. The customer service representative said “we just assume you trust the people on your account”. 

I have been a loyal Verizon customer since 2014 and I am sad to say I will be porting to another carrier due to their inability to provide any type of security to their customers. 

0 Likes
0 Replies