Updated Return Policy
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

VzW has extended the return window to 30 days, i.e.,

"You may return or exchange wireless devices and accessories within 30 days of purchase. "

Return Policy 

Re: Updated Return Policy
ANGDOW80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah it's really difficult to return/exchange a defective phone. I have one but they want me to give  them the bad one before ordering new one on backorder. (Not my fault it's backordered!) They said we can activate your old phone and I was like no you can't because I traded it in to you. They want me to be without a phone for 2 weeks because I need to return my phone before the 30 day period or they can't help me.  Running all over trying to get one and no one has them in stock. Now have to take one with less memory because it's all they have in stock an hour away.

Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

Not their fault its backordered either.

ANGDOW80
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes but I should not be punished either. It is beyond ridiculous they can't order it and accept my bad phone once it arrives. You would not believe what I have put up with over the past 2 days. Verizon customer service has reached an all time low. I have a defective phone - I want a new one - I am within the 30 day window when the defect began so it should not be that hard to order me a new one - I will even go in and exchange it in the store but I should not have to accept not getting a new phone because it won't be in stock until after my 30 day period. 

mama23dogs
Legend

Unfortunately I do not know very many if any retailers who will send you a new product as an exchange, before the previous product has been returned.   
we’re talking about devices that have a registration number and a loan. I believe I recommended you return to Verizon, cancel the entire transaction.   Start fresh, with Best Buy if they have the stock.

ANGDOW80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't mind waiting until it comes in stock but am told that can't happen after my 30 day return window. You don't understand I had a trade in promo of $800.00 that will be gone if I return it and start over. Once again poor customer service by your agency who really do not care to help me get a defective phone replaced. I am appalled by the company's decline in customer service. 

Steve-C
Enthusiast - Level 2

given not even 7 days.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANGDOW80, we understand your concern regarding the new device not working correctly. Our goal is for you to have a working phone and that you enjoy your Verizon Wireless service. Allow us to take a closer look at this matter, please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist. 

VictorC_VZW

raylonr
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you send a Private Note?  They haven't suggested that yet.

I have some similar problems  which need attention by top level CS.

I have been trying daily since 21 July 21 to switch from Sprint and  

trade in my 7 phones and logging each conversation.   So far they 

haven't been able to get any phones to me but have billed me $1479,

due 14 Aug 21. 

All 8 reps I have talked to have promised to give me the original deal or better of

21 July 21.

Raylon Rogers

ANGDOW80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know how to send a private note either. I ended up having to drive to 2 different stores both an hour away to exchange it for a lower memory model since the identical phone is backordered. I spent 4 hours at the last store. However, the person there was trying his best to help me. It seems their system is way too restrictive for employees to help customers and the online, phone and chat reps have no clue how the system truly operates and make a lot of false promises. 

I recommend going into the store and make sure it's a corporate/company store because authorized resale store can't access certain parts of your account.  Yet another ridiculous thing- I actually went to what I thought was a Verizon store only to find out I needed to go to a corporate store. The first corporate store did not have any samsung phones in stock thus my drive to the 2nd corporate store. Tried to call first to see if in stock but every store number sends you to 1800 number due to "COVID" 

The exchange actually ended up dropping my $800 trade in promo credit off my account and the manager at the store had no way to add it back on. I had actually anticipated this would happen because the trade in agreement says exchanges would do that and I figured the lower memory model had a different barcode. So I had mentioned it to him because I spoke with a chat representative who "ASSURED" me this would not happen. The manager was like oh it will definitely do that because of how the system is set up.. He had to call his tech team several times for issues. They say it's back on there but I'll believe it when I see the credit on my bill. I'm sure that will be my next battle. 

It's exhausting and horrible customer service.  I hope you can get some answers soon.