Use Verizon “Wi-Fi Calling” with Foreign eSIM data connection?
MSK79
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I keep my physical Verizon SIM in the phone and add a foreign (data only) eSIM while traveling to Europe, can I still make receive Verizon calls/texts if I turn off the Verizon SIM (similar to WiFi calling)?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Use Verizon “Wi-Fi Calling” with Foreign eSIM data connection?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your Cellular, or VoLTE services, need to be turned on for that Wi-Fi Calling feature to connect and be tied to your phone number. Without an International Plan, Pay As Go rates may apply for that call. If any other questions arise, we are always here to help ensure you are set up for success in your travels. Please, Private Message us! 

*Eli

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for asking such a great question, we understand the importance of staying connected with friends and family, especially while in Europe! The best option to ensure you use only Wi-Fi to make calls while travelling, will be to turn on your Airplane mode, and turn off both Cellular Data and Data Roaming. If you have further questions or still need assistance, please send us a Private Note anytime!

*Joe

MSK79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, Joe. That answered part of my question.

So, if I turn off Cellular Data and Data Roaming for my Verizon SIM, and have a foreign eSIM using a local data network, can I still make calls/text with my Verizon number using the Wi-Fi Calling feature since I have a data connection?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your Cellular, or VoLTE services, need to be turned on for that Wi-Fi Calling feature to connect and be tied to your phone number. Without an International Plan, Pay As Go rates may apply for that call. If any other questions arise, we are always here to help ensure you are set up for success in your travels. Please, Private Message us! 

*Eli