Re: Verizon Cloud VERY slow uploads
Hoagie-23

Verizon Cloud is pathetic on the phone as well as on a computer.  It runs about as fast as a 56K modem.  I disabled it because it isn't worth using until they fix the issues online and on the phone.  Beyond that it has limited options as other services out there!!!

0 Likes
cwhatley

OMG, what a total waste of time.  I only have 40 contacts, no music but 400 pictures, after 2 hours it is telling me 4 more hours to go.  I could write these on a piece of paper and re-key them quicker.   I was told not to use any of the Verizon apps, now I know why.

0 Likes
erekkudla

I can't even get my Verizon Cloud to open on my phone at all. good times.

0 Likes
garebare48
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having that problem too.  Just photos.  I'm using it on my MBP and I have TONS of memory free.  What it does upload is painfully slow, and well over half of the photo uploads read "failed" in the details window.  Dropbox is like greased lightning compared to this.  I'm now sitting in a library with wifi download speed of 85MBS+, and upload speed up to 100MBS and more.  I can't backup my whole library because I don't have enough time to wait on it (avg 1-1.5 days, according to the computer).  And now for the cherry on the top: when I go back and try again, it tries to get ALL OF THEM again, it can't tell where it left off?  My original count was 800 and change, the cloud is up close to 3,000 now, and never gets them all.  Time for a radical update, Buckos!

0 Likes
ddruml
Enthusiast - Level 1

Very similar to the experience I have had arriving at the same conclusion. Partial backups, speed issues, and the contacts issue make this service unreliable as a backup tool, and reliability is the foundational need of any backup service. The system probably needs a rebuild from ground up. Every company has things that they do good and bad. This right now it is not in the good category and after 4 days of indentifying bugs with the authentically kind help of support and zero success, I can say it is not worth your time to use.

0 Likes