*although this post was only 18,700 something characters, I wasn't able to post because it "exceeded 20k" The lies are astounding. I am sure i triggered some keyword. To read the full story- click this link:
I simply have to preface this by saying I am not a bad guy. I am not an internet troll. I'm not a complainer. Today's experience simply shocked me and I know I probably wont get a resolution, but I feel like I need some validation here, also I need to understand how the back end of this works and what system failed today. The customer service reps who took my chat were perfectly fine people. Their hands are tied as far as access goes- my one complaint is about their reluctance to escalate my ticket- and I think that is a culture/training issue- not theirs.
Here are the facts:
- My VZ bill is in arrears. I've been having a tough time financially lately, and I am often late with my VZ payments. Usually I schedule a payment and it always gets sorted out. I've been a customer for more than 15 years.
- Today is Easter Sunday and I spent 4 hours at least on this issue and ALL DAY without service
- I am in the position of having to take care of a sick person who depends on my care and depends on being in touch with me. I take extra care- even in this tough financial time- to make sure my phone is working and on my person.
- VZWs Financial Services Department is closed on weekends... Sales is always open, but thats a chat for another day.
- Here's what happened: YOU GUYS WONT BELIEVE THIS
Yesterday, I got a notification that my phone service was past due and I needed to pay. I had a lot going on and was with said sick relative so I ignored it until I tried to make a call and was forwarded to financial services. I hung up and scheduled a payment online and called financial services- who restored my service. Not once did they say anything like "Sir, this scheduled payment is insufficient to maintain your service. It is going to be shut off again tomorrow." They just restored service and that was that. My phone service worked perfectly all night.
I tried to make a call around 2PM today and was redirected to financial services. I did not receive the usual text notification. I selected one of the chat options and was sent to Facebook Messenger to chat with someone who said they couldn't help- No biggie.
I then chatted with a customer service rep- via the Verizon website- I told them the problem. They said they would look into it. Several minutes go by. Apparently there was nothing that could be done with that level of access- they poked around their end and exhausted everything they could think of, then this exchange happened: