Re: Verizon Edge Complaint
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

Not sure that I agree...They have been told that they must sell stuff at all costs to earn a living wage. Corporate and subsidiaries are the thieves, not the sales guys. They are doing as they were told  (removed)  Yea, a stretch but they are doing it to the public - and being encouraged by Corporate and the customer is being held responsible.

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
ShawnaLynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too was tricked into The Edge program.  My two year contract with Verizon was up and I went into the store to upgrade my phone to an iphone.  The salesperson convinced me that The Edge plan would save me money.  I too felt pressured, and did not have time to read the entire agreement and all of the fine print.  With the Edge program I am now paying $650 for the iphone that I could have gotten for around $200 with a 2 year contract.  They claimed that with the Edge program I wouldn't be locked into a contract, but that's not true.  I am locked into paying $27 a month (less a $10 discount if I don't change my data plan) for 2 years, and I have to continue paying this even if I go to another provider.  How is that not a contract?  No person in their right mind would knowingly agree to this plan, and there is something wrong with a plan so complicated that it takes an accountant or an attorney to help the customer fully understand it!  And I am an educated, intelligent person!

arkainzeye
Contributor - Level 1

i was under the impression the no contact is based solely on the service you pay for. NOT the product you use it on. so the payment you pay for the edge is based on the $600-$700+ phone they lease to you until you pay 50% of this product off , then at that time you and get the Newest/latest smartphone.. if you Leave before the phone has been FULLY paid for, what should happen to this phone?     you keep it?  Just give them back a UNpaid for USED phone?

if this was the case. they would loose a ton of $$$ for every person that just thought.. hey i will just leave and go to company A/B/ or C.   and not have to worry about any financial obligations i signed up for.. (payment of device you lease).     the SERVICE you use the device on is the contract free item...    it appears alot, if not Most people don't read the fine print hen they sign something...  is it a trick if it is in print, but you didn't read it OR you don't understand what you read?  This is why i didn't sign up for edge.. i spent the time and read between the lines..  it was My responsibility and no one else s to  understand what i could have gotten myself into..           in a extreme example, its like the housing market of 2008 when thousands lost their homes... this was due to NOT reading and UNDERSTANDING the terms of their agreement. so what did all those people sign?  a VARIABLE interest rate.... a rate that could change at any given time with out notice.. so what happened?  it did...    i think you get the point by now..