Verizon Wireless charged me $300 for a phone that they say is damaged!
unhappy_VW_customer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a customer for over 15 years. Service at that time was exceptional and has clearly changed since. I have had so many problems with a phone they gave me that was refurbished. I have been through at least 5 in the past year and all of them have acted up.I hate caling because the wait is so long and the service is typically rude and I am often told to reset my phone which is a headache. I mailed back a refurbished phone because it was not working correctly. I then get a email saying that I am being charged $300 because it is damaged. I call and I call and I call and the waits get so long that I call back. Finally I got through and spoke to a service rep. She emailed me a image of the phone which had a slight crack which was not there when I mailed it. I go back and forth and even speak to a manager and am told there was no way it could have happened while it went though shipping! I AM LIVID!!!!! I actually don't even know if that's my phone they even showed me the picture of. I tell them I want the phone back if I have to pay $300 bucks for it and they wont even do that! I feel so cheated! This is not a way to do business. I have been a customer for too long and pay to much for several lines and then for this to happen. Come on Verizon......this is just wrong!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless charged me $300 for a phone that they say is damaged!
Not applicable

If verizon states it is damaged you can take them to small claims court for the charge of $299

You see the return carrier could have damaged the device or the return warehouse could have damaged the device.

Do not let verizon telling you that they have photos since it means nothing let the court decide since there is doubt you damaged it.

You must send a formal dispute letter for that amount via Certified Return Receipt Requested from the US Postal Service and must pay all amounts not in dispute. After you get the green card receipt I would file with your local small claims court.

Do not arbitrate. Go to court. Add the fees for fi!ing, cost of the certified letter and the $299

Once verizon is served they will contact you. If they relent and pay you or credit your account make sure the agreement is sent to you in writing before you drop your court case. A fax back would be the quickest.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Nascarfandjr88

SAME ISSUE.  PHONE WAS MINT CONDITION A+++ 

NOTE 20 ULTRA . WOULD NOT DO SOFTWARE UPDATE . SENT BACK IN THEIR BOX AND RETURN SHIPPING LABEL. 

NOW I HAVE EMAIL WITH PHOTOS OF CRACKED SCREEN ...  VERY STRANGE .... REP SAID THEY HAVE VIDEO AND CAMERAS ON THE GUYS OPENING THE BOXES...   I ASKED TO SEE THE VIDEO MYSELF...  SAID ITS A PRIVACY ACT AND THEY CANT RELEASE IT...  

GUESS I HAVE TO COUGH UP THE 299 OR PAY $$$ MONEY TO PAY THEM OFF AND SWITCH CARRIERS.. 

CANT FIGHT OFF A RATTLESNAKE WITH A BUTTER KNIFE ..   BIG TECH THESE DAYS...  IS WHAT IT IS.... 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes