Re: Verizon gift card and Autopay
Delling
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know Verizon did this wanting customers to use it towards a new device or accessory instead of paying their bill and also can't pay in advance in hopes that we will forget to pay and incur a late payment fee....... *Roles eyes* I will be leaving and soon and my credits are used up.  

0 Likes
Delling
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know Verizon did this wanting customers to use it towards a new device or accessory instead of paying their bill and also can't pay in advance in hopes that we will forget to pay and incur a late payment fee....... I will be leaving and soon and my credits are used up.  

0 Likes
Delling
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had both and I'm in North Austin.  My T-Mobile coverage for the area I was in (North Austin) was actually better than Verizon!  I'll be going back to T-Mobile

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Delling Thank you for reaching out here on this platform. I'm not sure what is happening but we would love to help you. Please let us know what is going on.-Dolores

0 Likes
flyverizon
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support It's very obvious here that many customers struggle with this question. It's a waste of time for confused and unhappy customers who are frustrated trying to find the right answer. 

The problem is, when applying the verizon gift card to the balance (even if it's partial), a warning message appears that the Autopay discount won't apply. If this is allowed, my suggestion would be to eliminate the message that the Autopay discount won't apply message, the same as when applying the verizon credit card cash back balance to the verizon wireless balance (there is no warning message about the Autopay discount going away here). That will once and for all, eliminate all the customer service calls, emails, and questions to verizon on this topic once and for all.

This is causing many verizon customers, including myself to become a detractor and unhappy with the perception of poor customer service. So, please take this suggestion.

By the way, I'm still very confused here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, flyverizon! I've read your posts, and I'm sorry to learn about what happened when you used y our gift card to pay your bill. I'm sure I can help. What I would recommend is to still use your gift card, but if you leave a small balance for Autopay to pick up, you won't lose your Autopay discount. I hope that helps! 

-Jordan

0 Likes