Re: Verizon's service is no longer reliable. Why? Do you need to upgrade your infrastructure?
8088L31GH
Enthusiast - Level 2

During a call the connection is lost. I have to call again. This is Verizon to Verizon, it's been happening sporadically for a couple of years but this year (last year?) has reached the point of an almost constant occurrence.

This NEVER used to happen with Verizon. We have an iPhone 6+ that it happens with & an iPhone 4S.

Your coverage is now what at&t used to offer. You really need to invest in your infrastructure. You won't get all of us back if you run us off with lousy coverage - that's all you've ever had to offer & you made us pay dearly for it. Please give me some assurance that I don't need to switch carriers!!!!

Sent from my iPad

Re: Verizon's service is no longer reliable. Why? Do you need to upgrade your infrastructure?
eibborwilliams3
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue relates to lack of, and dropped, service in the corporate limits of Crewe, and  various areas within the County (Nottoway). The problems commenced approximately 14-months ago and have remained, and/or worsened. I have had multiple family members and other residents complain of same. Whether it’s in/around their homes or when traveling throughout the area.

When speaking to VZW staff, it has been recommended to reset the phone, verify software is up-to-date, enable WiFi calling, and enabling/disabling LTE voice calling. None of these has helped outside of the house (WiFi calls ok inside).  I agree with many residents, that it appears that as smart phone use has increased, local service area performance has suffered.

Obviously, VZW has the largest Nationwide service area, but rural appear to left by the wayside as emphasis is focused on the metropolitan areas.

Sadly, I had better connectivity long ago with antenna equipped flip-phone.

Robbie

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eibborwilliams3,

I know how imporant it is to get great service. I'm concerned to hear of the issues you and your neighbors have been experiencing, and would like to look into this more closely. Please reply to my Direct Message, so we can gather more details and assist further.

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cmkelso176
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in Maryland and in the month there are huge dead spots that did not exist, on the ICC (MD-200), several on I95, 695. All highways used to have wonderful coverage. Now you can forget about talking on your Bluetooth while driving.

DENSCZ68
Enthusiast - Level 2

Within the last 2 months my service has steadily gotten worse. My phone says I have LTE service but then I try to send a text or a call or even just play a game and my service is gone. I will get the “no service” then it comes back shortly after that. I have the iPhone 7 Plus, I figured maybe updating to the new IOS 11 but that had no impact. I have either had to go into airplane mode or reboot my phone 6 times already to be able to text someone. Makes no difference if I am inside or outside. my zip code is 01022

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's 2 months too long! I'm here to help, let's get to the bottom of this once and for all. Has your phone been exposed to any physical/water damage? Please attempt to remove/reinsert your SIM card, retest and advise the results: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207000/

AyaniB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
8088L31GH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you implying that the SIM cards on BOTH phones are creating this problem?

If that's the best you've got stop wasting my time.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question 8088L31GH . We simply want you to perform the steps provided by removing remove/reinsert your SIM card, retest and advise the results: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207000/  .

Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cmkelso176-

I know how important it is to have service where you use your phone the most. We take our network performance seriously and want to do everything we can to help. It can be tricky to guarantee service while in transit due to several factors that are outside of our control. When you are not driving on the highway, how is your service?

AmberK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I suspect that the reduced service being experienced is a byproduct of Verizon Wireless installing equipment for its new 5G network.

It is believed that the company is repurposing some towers and upstream bandwidth from 4G to 5G. If this is, indeed the case, weaker signals and slower data due to congestion could result.

Soon after the 5G network is put into service and new phones/devices hit the market, the existing 4G network will be closed off to new activations.

But for the here and now, I don't think that Verizon Wireless will be able to do much to boost the existing network. The company can't erect new towers and install new antennas on a moments notice.

I also suspect that other mobile service providers are upgrading their networks in a similar manner.

0 Likes