Re: Verizon trade in program didn't work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MillerCW4, we want to make sure you receive a resolution for your promotion concern. We are here for your support. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.   -Sylvia

0 Likes
Jmiranda
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello I have the same issue, I have chatted, called contacted Verizon several ways. I shipped my trade, promised a $450 trade credit towards my new device, this all took place March 2021. Still no credit, at this point I regret moving to Verizon. I switched simply for better customer service but this is ridiculous 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Jmiranda,

We definitely want you to receive any promotional value you are eligible for! When you search for your trade submission here https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/ what does it show for the status?

-Christopher

0 Likes
Pnw1

Same issue for me. Second time this has happened. I traded in my iPhone 11 Pro and my wife’s iPhone 11pro for the same $1,000 promotional credit on the same day. Both phones went to UPS on the exact same day. My wife’s account got the discount and mine still hasn’t shown up 3 months later! So frustrating because this exact thing happened 2 years ago when I got the iPhone 11 pros, so I was already skeptical that they were going to get it right. Low and behold I’m basically paying full price for my new iPhone 13 pro max! Chatting with people to get it addressed takes hours out of my day, then it’s never resolved. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The trade in program is a great way to save money on a new phone, Pnw1. We are terribly sorry to hear that your experience has been less than what we expected, and has yet to be resolved. We are sending you a private note, so we can address this matter. -George

0 Likes
Richard4321

I have same problem. Traded-in a phone, no credit. Store said, "Oh, it'll be on the next bill." No dice.

Verizon, how can I get help with this?

0 Likes
ajay662

I shipped S9. Online it shows they received S5 and trade-in value reduced from $650 to zero.

This is extremely frustrating. Over the last 2-3 years none of my trade-in experience has been smooth. Every single time I have to call support few times, spend few hours over phone to get the problem corrected.

0 Likes
snave123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same situation with me. I also had to restart order three times so they could  delay the order (conveniently decreasing the trade in value) and received three separate trade in boxes to confuse things further...each of which had different trade in values. Still no credit. Wasting so much time. Verizon used to be reliable. They will lose another 20 year customer. What a shame.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello snave123! We'd hate to lose your preference, and we'd love to help you resolve this situation. Please allow us to turn this experience around. Reply to our private note to better assist you. ~Aaron

0 Likes
avastkeith

I'm having the same exact issue. 

I sent my phone back when I upgraded to the iPhone 13 and Verizon offered to pay off the remaining $500 some odd dollars of my previous phone agreement. There is 0 mention of my trade-in anywhere on my account. I sent a chat message and someone named Eden from the Messaging Team began talking down to me, saying that I must have initiated a trade-in and that I am responsible for knowing this trade-in submission ID. 

The only thing I did was prepare my phone and put it in the envelope that verizon provided. This is HORRIBLE customer service, complete negligence, and now I have an extra $500 sitting as a pending charge on my future bill. 

I will escalate this as far as possible until it is resolved. Unbelievable. 

0 Likes