Verizon won't unlock my number?
savonmarie

I've been a Verizon customer for about 4 or 5 years and am trying to transfer my number to Mint Mobile to save money. I keep getting an issue when trying to do the transfer that says "remove number lock from Verizon account". The number is unlocked and I had two Verizon employees confirm it was unlocked. On the app, the number lock is toggled off. I was on the phone for a while with a Verizon employee today and they were trying to transfer the number and it just wouldn't go through and they seemed very confused about why it wouldn't and basically told me to try again tomorrow because I was running out of new transfer PINs for the day, but I've already tried two days in a row with no results. Does anyone have any experience with this or any advice? I feel like I'm being held hostage. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon won't unlock my number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi savonmarie! We value you as a customer, and we don't want to see you walk away. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the number transfer process. Typically, the new service provider handles the transfer process. Verizon does not transfer the number over to the new carrier. Have you reached out to your new service provider for assistance with completing the transfer? 

-Michelle

0 Likes